Chapter 31: The Break-Up

Tessa's POV

They were kissing... Jamie and Zoe and Jamie was only in a towel from waist down. I just couldn't believe the scene actually I didn't want to believe what I saw.

What the hell was going on? Why-? My mind was just blank at the moment and then I was ambushed with so much thoughts.

He lied to me.

How could he?

I thought he loved me.

I love him. I just- I was speechless and so was Jamie but Zoe was expressionless.

"Tessa, this is not what it looks like," Jamie started but I raised my hand and he hushed.

"I don't want to hear it!" I snapped as anger boiled through my veins but I was also sad and hurt, at the same time. I loved Jamie and he- God. I just couldn't stand to be near him now. He said that he won't hurt me. He said that he loved me. I felt as though a truck drove through my heart as I realized something.

 Those were all words.

Just words without any meaning. He played me like a game. I just couldn't believe that he would do this to me. I just didn't want to believe that he did this. Then I remembered that I was pregnant for Jamie. I was pregnant for the man who cheated on me.

"Tessa, I promise that-"

"Jamie," I said and with saying his name, tears flowed slowly from my eyes. "I love you!" I yelled at him. "You said that you were different! You said that you love me! You lied! Everything-"

"Tessa, I love you and what you saw-"

"Oh stop saying that when you don't mean it! Jamie, how could you?" I sobbed.

"Tessa, Zoe kissed me. I'm telling the truth!" Jamie protested.

"Jamie, if she pushed herself on you, you should have pulled away as soon as her lips made contact with yours! Don't lie to me. You're such a jerk, a douche bag," I said to him then I turned to Zoe. "You're such a b****! You know what you both are and I can't believe you Jamie!" I screamed. He looked at me, hurt and sadness and regret in his eyes. He didn't say anything else, he just looked at me while Zoe had a slight smirk on her face. I wanted to wipe that smirk right off her face and then what happened next was not my intention. I walked forward and punched Zoe in her nose.

Yes. I punched the b**** in her nose. She deserved it. What can I say? After receving the punch, she walked out of the house, slamming the door behind her and swearing. If I wasn't this angry, I'd have laughed my a** off. I turned to Jamie who looked really pale.

"Tessa," he said, his voice hardly audible. "I-"

"I don't want to hear it!" I snapped. "Don't even bother to ask when the baby is born!"

"No, Tessa, you have to give me a chance," he begged while gripping his towel on his waist.

"No, I shouldn't! I thought you were different Jamie but you aren't! You helped me get over my fear but you hurt me. Jamie, I-I..." I just broke down in tears- well more tears.

"Tessa, you just have to believe me. I-"

"Jamie, don't, okay? Just don't lie. I'm so f**ked up. I'm pregnant for you," I said and wiped my eyes. Jamie looked hurt.

"Tessa, I love you and you know that. I-"

"Jamie, I'm leaving and I don't want to hear from you! Don't ever call me again! Don't even bother to ask about the baby!" I screamed at him but he stood there and listened. It was like he chose to say nothing and not defend himself anymore. He just looked... he had a regretful expression on his face. If I wasn't angry at him, I'd have comforted him.

"Tessa, don't do this please," he literally begged. "I can't lose you. What you saw-"

"-Was you cheating on me!" I completed.

"No," he said and shook his head. "Tessa, you can't do this. I'm leaving back for London in 2 hours. Tessa, I love you and-"

"Jamie, save it," I told him, still crying. He moved closer to me but I moved back.

"I can't stand to see you cry," he whispered. "Please don't cry and just listen to me."

"You're the reason that I'm crying! Look at what you did!"

"If you just gave me a chance to tell you-"

"Why? Tell me why! Tell me why I need to hear your lie?" I asked him, my voice not steady as I tried not to sob.

"This is not a lie. I love you, Tessa, why won't you just listen to me?" he asked as though I had something that he desperately needed.

"I've listened enough! I've listened enough to all the lies and I keep repeating myself to you. What don't you understand when I say that I don't want to hear your lie?" I asked him and turned around to walk out the door but he grabbed my hand, his other hand still griping his towel so that it won't fall.

"Don't leave," he said.

"We're through. Goodbye, James," I said and as soon as I said that he looked shocked, sad and hurt. His grip on me loosened a bit and I took this as my signal to get out of his grip and leave. I walked towards the van as I tried not to let a tear fall again. I opened the car door but Jamie closed it and stood in front of the door. I glared at him. "Move away, James."

"No, not until you let me explain," he said.

"Jamie, move please," I said calmly.

"No, not until you let me explain everything," he repeated, desperation and boldness in his voice.

"James Metcalfe Campbell Bower," I said, sounding out each word, "I swear to God that if you don't let me open the van door, I will be the one that causes you not to have any more children," I snapped. He moved out of the way and I got in the van. I saw a few neighbours spying on us but I couldn't care. I was angry but beneath that anger was sadness. I looked at Jamie one last time, knowing that this was the last time that I would ever see him again, face him again.

"I love you," he said and I fought the urge to say it right back. What is wrong with me? He cheated on me... well yeah he did. He kissed another girl while we were in a relationship. Yep, definitely cheating. I closed the car door and started the engine. He looked at me and I glanced at him one last time then drove off, leaving him standing there and the neighbours staring at him. I drove back home, the ride was full of tears and as soon as I parked the van in the garage, I hurriedly walked to my bedroom and closed the door. I threw myself on the bed- not literally because I could harm the baby but you know what I mean. I let the tears flow freely and remembered all those amazing moments Jamie gave me.

I love him- well loved is a better word to use now but I think I still love him. I just cried more knowing that I still love him and he cheated on me. Yet, he still wanted to explain what happened when the scene explained itself. He was just going to tell me some lie. Jamie is the man that showed me a different version of life- a happier version. I wished that this didn't happen but it did. I just cried more- if that was possible.

I guess this was it. Jamie and I broke up and I'm pregnant with his child.

Author's Note: I'm so sorry but this had to happen sadly :(. Vote and Comment, you guys! Please :(? I'm going to finish this book by next week so look out for an early update. I know that Ed Sheeran's song Sing has nothing to do with the chapter but I love the song. Thanks for reading :)!

                                                                                                                           ~Nayia