Chapter Seventeen

Over the course of a year, Sasuke grew stronger. His training with Orochimaru was already paying off. He could now defeat Kabuto with very little effort. Though he was unsure if he could defeat the strange woman that was always at Orochimaru's side. Over the year, he'd tried to sneak attack her in the halls, but she always flawlessly avoided his attacks or incapacitated him without breaking stride. She was frustrating, she appeared to be weak and harmless, she was timid and claimed to hate violence and fighting, yet she had a raw natural talent and was quite strong.

Kabuto sighed as he spotted the dark-haired teen hiding, preparing to leap out at the fairy like girl as she delivered their lunch like always. He groaned inwardly as he noticed she was carrying two trays, Lord Orochimaru had asked her to prepare tea with their lunch.

Sasuke leapt from his hiding spot and lunged for the fairy like girl. Kabuto watched in awe as she miraculously tossed both trays in the air before swiftly turning and blocking the teen's attack. She sent him flying with ease before turning to catch the two trays as they fell, perfectly intact, back down. Failing to learn his lesson, Sasuke lunged again before she'd managed to maintain her grip on the tea tray and knocked it from the air in his attempt to attack her.

Tsuki's colorless eyes narrowed as the tea tray hit the ground shattering the glass teapot in the process, "Sasuke-kun! That was for Orochimaru-sama!" She snapped causing strong gale shrieking winds to tear through the hall sending the boy flying with enough force he disappeared from Kabuto's line of sight before slamming into the wall at the very end of the corridor.

Kabuto chuckled, "I didn't think you were capable of getting angry." He looked to the fairy like girl as she set down the tray of food so she could gather up the broken glass. His smile fell as she turned to him with what was supposed to be an intimidating glare, but once again turned to a childish pout. "What did I do?"

"You just stood there, you could have helped." Tsuki frowned as she flipped the upturned tray over and reached for the scattered pieces of glass.

"What's going on out here?" Orochimaru's voice snapped from the doorway to the training hall as he went to survey the scene and see what was taking Tsuki so long. His lethal golden green gaze fell on the spilled tea and broken glass before flitting down the hall where Sasuke was slumped against the wall seething with rage and humiliation.

Tsuki jumped, "S-sorry, Orochimaru-sama. I'll make more tea." A piece of broken glass slit the side of her hand open as she jumped at his sudden appearance. She winced and drew her hand back with a sharp intake of breath as blood streamed from the wound.

"Make Sasuke clean this up." Orochimaru shot a look of warning at Kabuto before sweeping the starlight girl into his arms causing her to let out an adorable squeak.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make a mess." Tsuki bowed her head and watched as the wound on her hand sealed itself shut before fading away to nothing.

Orochimaru placed her atop a crate filled with various targets for kunai and shuriken throwing. He swept her pale hair out of her face and smiled softly as she leaned into his touch. "It's not your fault." His gaze was drawn to her rose petal lips as she bit her bottom lip nervously. "I'd like you to do something for me, Tsuki."

Her colorless eyes flicked upward.

"I'd like you to help Sasuke with his training." He noted as Kabuto and Sasuke joined them with the tray of food Tsuki had abandoned in the hall. Sasuke still looked agitated.

Tsuki paled at this. "Fighting?"

Orochimaru nodded. "And for now, you can't use any ninjutsu."

Tsuki frowned at this, "I don't want to hurt him, though. Sakura-chan likes him, for some reason."

Kabuto chuckled at this as Sasuke shot a glare in her direction.

"Tsuki." Orochimaru threw her a stern look.

Tsuki bit her lip again as she glanced in the irate teen's direction. He had never asked her to get involved before. She owed him. Reluctantly she bowed her head. "I'll do it."

"Good." Orochimaru smiled softly before turning as he sensed Sasuke was about to protest.

"I came here, to get stronger, from you, not some girl." Sasuke glowered, his dark eyes shooting daggers at the pale girl. He seemed to dislike the girl perhaps even more than Kabuto had at first. They bickered a lot.

"I personally trained her, if you can defeat her, then you'll be ready." Orochimaru shrugged. "And we'll still continue our training, think of it as supplemental training."

"I don't have time for games!" Sasuke roared, "I am an avenger, that means I must be stronger than my prey-."

Tsuki turned to Orochimaru sensing the teen was gearing up for a long ridiculous speech, the same speech he'd been spouting over the year he'd been with them, "Should I make more tea?"

"I was talking!" Sasuke snapped clenching his fists at his sides. The pale woman with her strange pure white pupil-less eyes was infuriating.

Tsuki turned to the boy, "Yes, it's a speech I've heard many times before. Just because you say something often enough, does not make it so. Orochimaru-sama has agreed to help you, so trust him." She didn't like that he was so focused on revenge, it made him cold and bitter. Because of his goal, he wasn't truly living his life.

"I thought you didn't like fighting." Sasuke shot.

"I don't." Tsuki shrugged, "But if Orochimaru-sama, thinks my helping you train, can be useful, then I'll do it."

Video- "Not Strong Enough" By Apocalyptica Ft. Brent Smith (of Shinedown) 

A/N: Sorry I know this one is pretty short. I'm going to skip ahead next chapter but wanted to show when Orochimaru appointed her to help with Sasuke's training and kinda show Tsuki and Sasuke's relationship. I just felt like Tsuki needed someone else to make her stronger and come out of her shell and thought the bratty avenger would be perfect. I think they'll be a big help to each other as far as personal strength and growth.... We shall see ^-^