Chapter Eight

Two years had gone by. Kabuto was constantly coming and going, he returned occasionally for short periods of time, but was sure to keep his distance from her. He'd nearly lost his life after attacking her in the lab. Orochimaru continued with his experiments, testing her limits, seeing what all she could recover from. Tsuki endured the nights of torture, it was her way of atoning for cursing him, for unconsciously binding him to her. She was his greatest weakness and if he got any joy out of torturing her and pushing her to her limits, then she would suffer through it. Orochimaru, Kabuto and Kimimaro had been leaving often for days at a time in preparation for whatever they were planning.

Orochimaru left a smaller summoning snake with her to be his eyes and ears whenever he left the girl alone. He convinced himself it was to keep her out of trouble or from snooping, but it was more so for her protection and comfort, so she didn't feel lonely. The girl was far too innocent to be involved in his plans and research, and he had no intentions of corrupting her. Her pure sweet temperament was calming. After years of torture, she still hadn't broken, she was still able to smile at him and it made him question everything he knew about human behavior. Tsuki was definitely not normal.

Upon his return to his private quarters, after being away for three days, he nearly jumped as he spotted the starlight girl, no, she was a young woman now. She was wearing a pale lavender dress that somehow clung to her sinful curves and hung loosely off of her at the same time. Her soft sweet smile was alluring and drew him in.

"Welcome home, Orochimaru-sama."

His heart fluttered unsteadily. She always said it when he'd been away for more than a day, it was something he'd never heard before in his life and every time she said it, it made him feel strange which in turn caused him to become irritated and lash out at her. After being with the girl for so long, he understood why people called the Towa Clan, the Vampire Clan, it wasn't just their sensitivity to light and their love of darkness. Vampires were alluring and drew in unsuspecting prey with their charms, just like Tsuki and the fact that she did it all unconsciously was worrisome. If she were to ever use her allure intentionally, she'd be lethal.

"Is something wrong?" She asked worried as he lost himself in his thoughts. His terrifying gaze stopped her dead in her tracks as she made a move toward him.

His glare softened as he saw fear in her pale silver eyes. It was always dark enough in his private quarters that he could make out the faint glow of her silver irises. "It's nothing." He reached for her and resisted the urge to smile as she kept herself from flinching. It had taken four years, but she no longer flinched when he touched her. "Were you lonely?"

She shook her head with a smile, "Yuki-san kept me company." Her gaze fell on the pure white summoning snake circling around her feet. There were dark circles beneath her eyes, she still couldn't sleep when he was gone.

"You look tired." He frowned.

Tsuki bowed her head, "S-sorry, I trie-." She cut off with a squeak as she was swept off her feet. "O-Orochimaru-sama?" Her pale cheeks flushed scarlet as she clung to him to keep her balance.

There was a knock at the door causing the pale girl to jump. She tried to scramble out of his grip to run and hide as she sensed a familiar presence on the other side of the door. A gasp escaped her as Orochimaru tightened his hold on her and turned to the door with a glare.

"What is it?" He snapped icily causing Tsuki to shiver in his arms.

"You told me to come to you with an update on Kimimaro's condition." Kabuto's voice sounded from the other side of the door, it was steady though Tsuki could sense his unease, he didn't like Orochimaru's tone.

"And?" Orochimaru asked, resisting the urge to smile as Tsuki futilely tried to run away. Though she wasn't weak by any standard, she was still terrified of the boy.

"May I come in?"

Tsuki frantically shook her head, causing Orochimaru to smirk. "Very well."

"N-no." Tsuki squeaked and tried once more to break from his hold and run, but she wasn't nearly strong enough.

The door creaked open and her heart dropped as Kabuto stepped in. He'd gotten taller over the past two years and his gaze had grown colder. His eyes fell on her in an instant, widening for a fraction of a second before looking away from her in annoyance. Why was she here? Was it possible that they had 'that' kind of relationship? Knowing better than to provoke Lord Orochimaru, he ignored the infuriating girl's presence. It had been two years since he'd last seen her and if possible, she'd grown even more beautiful. Her hair was longer, her skin looked softer and she appeared to have developed more curves than the last time he'd seen her.

"Well?" Orochimaru asked in annoyance as he noticed Kabuto's gaze drifting back to the girl in his arms.

"He's stable now, but he won't be of any more use." Kabuto said matter of factly.

Tsuki looked to Orochimaru curiously, "What happened to Kimimaro?"

"It doesn't concern you." Kabuto hissed at the girl causing her to squeak in terror.

"Kabuto." Orochimaru warned him.

"Lord Orochimaru, why do you keep this useless girl around?" Kabuto snapped before he could stop himself. He felt his breath hitch in his throat as he was suddenly ensnared in Orochimaru's lethal gaze.

Tsuki threw her arms around Orochimaru's neck sensing the rage bubbling up inside of him. She didn't like it when he was angry and anytime she and Kabuto were in the same room, he ended up angry. After a moment he relaxed, his rage dissipating and he pat her on the head with a sigh releasing Kabuto from his lethal stare.

"The girl is my concern, Kabuto, not yours. Don't ask me again." Orochimaru said darkly. "If that's all you had to report, you can go now."

Kabuto bowed, shot one last dark look in Tsuki's direction and took his leave. The girl infuriated and intrigued him. What was so special about her that she was almost always at Orochimaru's side? He couldn't help but worry she was trying to replace him even though she was never involved in any of their experiments. She was constantly on his mind and it was maddening. He had to know more about her, about their connection, but most importantly he needed to get rid of her. She was a hindrance and Lord Orochimaru appeared to be growing soft because of her. 

Video- "Lights Out" By Royal Blood