Chapter One

A/N: Images used are just found from google searches (unless otherwise stated as fan art given to me).. I don't art well

Tsuki had been on her own, for nearly as long as she could remember, there were a few weeks of happiness that she could recall. There was a brief moment of peace and tranquility when her grandparents were still alive to care for her and pass down the stories of their people. The Towa Clan had been nearly wiped out. Centuries ago they were a clan of great power, people feared and revered them, called them the Immortal Clan and some referred to them as the Vampire Clan due to their sensitivity to light. Those of the Towa Blood line, possessed great regenerative and restorative powers and could easily heal the wounds and ailments of others through contact. However, The Towa Clan had a fatal flaw, when one fell in battle, their soulmate fell with them. A mark would appear on those who were bound to one another, at first touch. There was a manhunt to slaughter anyone possessing a mark of the Towa clan to wipe them out of existence.

After hearing the stories her grandmother had passed down to her, Tsuki was terrified of touching anyone. There was no way to control it or prevent it from happening and it only took a single touch, a brush of fingertips, a handshake any form of physical contact, could make the mark appear. Setting off on her own after the death of her grandparents, at the age of six, Tsuki journeyed to the mountains and resolved herself to a life in solitary confinement. She didn't want to be bound to anyone against her will and curse them to be bound to her. Her grandmother made it seem glamorous and romantic, but to her it seemed confining.

Due to her sensitivity to light, she hid in caves during the daytime and escaped her solitary confinement to dance beneath the moonlight. It was her routine for nearly a year, before she was discovered by a group of vile men. As she danced beneath the moonlight humming a somber tune, she fell into their trap, plummeting into a small hole. She twisted as she fell, managing to avoid the spikes below and landed in in a crouch next to the spikes.

The hole was too deep for her to climb out of. Whenever she sensed an animal nearby she'd yell at it to keep it from falling into the trap with her. Hours later, she heard the sound of voices, they were raised in an argument and drawing closer. They didn't sound very nice. Tsuki pressed herself against the wall hoping to conceal herself from view as they stopped at the edge of the trap.

"Seriously, we caught nothing?" A gruff voice growled from above, they were right behind her, so if she didn't move they wouldn't see her unless they were to move to a different side or lay on their stomach and look straight down.

Tsuki tensed as she heard them move.

"Oh, ho! What do we have here?" Another man chuckled, "Looks like we caught us a little girl."

She chanced a glance upward and felt her skin crawl as she met the gaze of the man, he had bright orange eyes that were staring at her hungrily. He was a big bulk of a man, hairy and rippling with muscles, everything about him screamed predator. Two other men stepped into view beside him, neither of them seemed as interested in her as the other man, but they were equally scary, swathed in black and strapped with lethal weapons.

"Too young for my taste." One of the men in black shrugged and turned to walk away.

"I like them little, they break so much easier." The beast of a man with the feral orange eyes grinned wickedly causing the child to tremble in fear. He let out a roar and Tsuki dropped to her knees covering her head as the bamboo shoot spikes splintered to nothing from the power of his voice, before he leapt into the pit to retrieve her.

Tsuki let out a scream and tried pull away from him only to gasp in pain as he caught her arm in his hand in a tight grip, instantly breaking several blood vessels. He wrenched her toward him and tucked her under his arm and leapt out of the pit laughing as she struggled uselessly against him.