Chapter Eleven

Tsuki's heart was racing as she found herself once again trapped in a small cell, her hands were bound and secured to the wall above her head. The cell was exactly like the one she'd been left in for eight years, the one where that guard did unspeakable things to her. She could hear raised voices outside of her cell, there was some kind of meeting happening, there were dozens of furious voices wanting retribution. From what she could make out from their arguing, Orochimaru had attacked The Hidden Leaf Village, and killed The Third Hokage. Why would he do that? Did that mean these people were bad people?

"I say we interrogate the girl, by any means necessary and make her talk." One voice growled outside of her cell.

Tsuki couldn't seem to catch her breath as her mind wandered back to her last experience in captivity and the nightmare she'd gone through. Her pulse was racing and her head was swimming with vile memories she'd tried so hard to block out.

"We don't even know if she was with him, she was tied up when we found her!" Someone yelled in her defense.

"She hospitalized a man!" Probably the man she'd kicked, she hadn't meant to be so rough, but he had almost ripped her arm out of its socket.

"She seemed really upset about it, and she apologized." Another voice interjected, "I don't think she was part of the attack."

"She didn't want to fight with us when we caught up to her and she didn't attack first." The familiar voice of the man with the silvery white hair and the mask that covered the majority of his face added.

Tsuki looked down at the revealed skin on her legs, poking out from her simple lilac dress. Her skin was raw, red, and bleeding in some spots from the severe burns from being in the sun. A glance at her shoulder and she noticed the kunai was missing, at least someone was nice enough to remove it, though none of her wounds had been tended to. Perhaps they only removed it so she wouldn't have a weapon.

She tried to struggle against her bonds and cringed when she heard the clank of chains and a hush fell outside of her cell. Her heart pounded in her chest, they knew she was conscious! Futilely she fought against her bonds as she heard several pairs of footsteps approaching her dimly lit cell. A bright light flickered on above her and she let out a hiss of pain as it burned her retinas. The light was too bright and it began to irritate her already burned skin. Desperately she tried to curl herself into a ball, tucking her legs into her dress in an attempt to shield herself from the light.

"Turn off the light!" Someone shouted as her cell door slid open with a foreboding shriek of metal.

Tsuki hesitatingly opened her eyes and let out a squeak of terror as three men approached her. She could hear the guard's voice in the back of her mind growing louder with each step they took. When the first man reached her side and made a move to reach for her, she let out a blood curdling scream. Strong gale winds slashed through the room causing the three men to take cover outside of the cell to avoid getting sliced to ribbons.

"What the hell?!" There was a chorus of shouts.

"I have an idea that might work." An unfamiliar voice noted as the cell door wailed shut.

After a few minutes of nothing, Tsuki panicked as she heard the sound of compressed air. She chanced a glance upward at a vent and hurriedly held her breath as a cloud of pale purple smoke flooded through. Were they using poison gas? The entire cell filled with the gas in no time at all and Tsuki struggled to hold her breath. She couldn't die here! She managed to hold her breath for ten minutes, but the gas still wouldn't dissipate. When she could no longer hold her breath she choked and the gas filled her lungs. No!