Chapter Twelve

Kabuto was starting to worry for his safety. Even in his weakened state after his fight with The Third Hokage, Lord Orochimaru was deadly. Upon discovering the nuisance of a girl that had taken residence in his room over the past few years was missing, he became inconsolably enraged. He was already irritable because of the immense amount of pain he was in from the injuries he'd sustained during his fight. He'd lashed out and killed over a dozen attendants Kabuto had helping to take care of him and administer the medicine he had prepared to ease his pain. He was running out of pawns to help him tend to the lethal legendary sannin.

He hadn't expected Lord Orochimaru to be so upset by the girl's disappearance and was worried about what he'd do if he found out how she disappeared. Kabuto knew the girl had no knowledge of their plans or research and that Orochimaru had successfully made her forget the location of the lair, there wasn't anything of value she could tell anyone if she was interrogated, and he'd hoped once they discovered she knew nothing, they'd dispose of her for him.

It had been nearly two weeks after the attack, Kabuto and Orochimaru had met with another of the legendary sannin, Lady Tsunade a week ago to make a deal. Kabuto hoped once his wounds healed, Lord Orochimaru would be less irritable and stop fixating on the missing girl. After the fight with The Third Hokage, Lord Orochimaru's arms appeared to be dead, they were turning necrotic and caused him a great deal of pain, if they couldn't heal him soon, he'd have to transfer bodies or there was a chance he could die. Despite his own dire situation, Lord Orochimaru had ordered Kabuto to find and rescue the nuisance of a girl. He knew she was in danger and was in too weakened of a state to save her.

Rather than agree to the deal they proposed and heal Lord Orochimaru, Lady Tsunade refused and a fight broke out. Before long they were joined by the third legendary sannin, Master Jiraiya, an annoying brat by the name of Naruto and Lady Tsunade's attendant, Shizune. Kabuto grew wary, he knew Jiraiya had been in the Hidden Leaf Village during the attack, if Tsuki was captured he probably knew about it. If he said anything about it to Lord Orochimaru, he would surely realize Kabuto was the one behind her disappearance.

Kabuto helped Lord Orochimaru summon Manda, as the other two sannin summoned their familiars. The colossal ill-tempered serpent appeared in a puff of smoke just as Master Jiraiya summoned a giant toad and Lady Tsunade summoned a massive slug.

The colossal serpent's voice roared through the partially destroyed plains causing the earth to shake, "Orochimaru, I don't appreciate being dragged here. You know I don't like being summoned, I should eat you here and now to put an end to it, but my cute servant you can't seem to take care of begged me not to." His voice sounded slightly off as if he were holding something in his mouth.

What was he talking about? Kabuto and Orochimaru both looked down at the giant serpent beneath their feet curiously.

"Please don't talk like that, Lord Manda, you will be heavily rewarded for your hel-." Kabuto tried to quell the serpents anger.

"Shut up you little bug, what could you possibly offer me to make it worth my while?" Manda roared causing Kabuto to flinch. The serpents tongue flicked upward, it was coiled around something and slowly unraveled dropping an unconscious Tsuki above them.

"Tsuki!" Orochimaru struggled to catch her in his arms, despite the pain. He dropped to his knees shielding her from the sunlight as he shook her lightly. "Tsuki, wake up."

Kabuto felt his heart pounding in his chest, this was not good. His gaze swept over the unconscious girl, she was in bad shape, her entire body was covered in bloody raw red burns, there was a deep stab wound in her shoulder and her arms appeared to be burned so severely they were a deep unhealthy purple.