Late Night Talks and Some Quality Time

Começar do início

"What's up?" Louis asked.

But once again, he didn't respond. He just walked over, sat down on the couch in between Louis and Zayn and turned on the TV. At that moment I realized that all he wanted to do was be with us.

*Liam's POV*

"Well did you tell him that we ask about him?" Louis asked. I could tell that he was hurt. I could hear it in his voice. And Ariel heard it too. She gave him a sympathetic look.

"Yeah, I did. I gave him that whole lecture. But he just asked me if he could be alone." Ariel replied.

"So that's why you came back out earlier looking slightly hurt?" Niall asked.

"Yup." I said, popping the 'p'.

Okay, I was eavesdropping on their conversation. So what? Ever since Ariel told me about how they all stay up and talk, I wanted to know if it was true. I wanted to know if they really talked about me. And apparently did. 

By the way they were asking about me, I could tell they were all hurting. I could hear it in their voices. At that moment I knew that Ariel was right. If I was ever going to get better then I needed to do something about it. So I walked out into the front of the bus. I guess they didn't see me at first because they continued to sit their with blank faces. So I decided to clear my throat. This caused them to look at each other in confusion before looking over in complete shock.

"Hey, what are you doing up? You have to be up early for soundcheck." Ariel asked.

I didn't respond. I just looked at everyone nervously. I tried to speak in front of the others, but it just wouldn't happen. I don't know why it was so hard now. I've done it a few times while on tour. But this time was different. I don't know what it was, but I new it was different. Thankfully Ariel got up and followed me behind the curtain.

"What's up?" Ariel asked with concern.

"Do you mind if I spend some time alone with the boys?" I asked bluntly.

"Wait, are you serious?" Ariel asked in disbelief.

I just nodded.

"Liam, if this is about before, you don't have to listen to me. You don't have to go out there if you're not ready." Ariel said with concern.

"I think it's about time the boys and I have some quality time together." I said with a slight smile. This caused Ariel to smile.

"Then go for it. I'll wait for you in your bunk." Ariel replied.

When Ariel climbed into the bunk, I walked back out into the front of the bus.

"Where did Ariel go?" Harry asked when he noticed that I came back into the room.

I didn't respond verbally. I just pointed back towards the bunks, hoping they would get the message.

"What's up?" Louis asked after watching me stand here nervously.

Once again, I didn't respond. I just walked over to the couch and sat down right in between Zayn and Louis. I picked up the remote and turned on the TV, giving them the message that I just wanted to be with them.

*The Next Morning*

"Are you serious? He just came out here and wanted to hang out with them?" I heard Paul whisper.

Why are people up this early?

"Yeah. He wanted to spend time with them." I heard another voice whisper, which I immediately knew was Ariel. 

"Are the boys up yet? We have along day ahea-" I heard Simon say, but immediately shut up.

I don't know why, but I think he's surprised.

"I've only gone to bed for what, 8 hours." Simon said in a state of shock.

And then two more people came out which made me even more annoyed that people were talking. I'm trying to sleep here.

"Hey what's everyone looking at? Oh." Aubrey asked, but soon got the answer to her question.

"Why is everyone so shocked about this?" I heard Kayla say.

"It's a long story." I heard Paul whisper.

"Are you guys going to stand there and talk about us all day or are you going to get on with your day?" Zayn said in annoyance, obviously waking up due to the talking.

Well, there's no point in pretending to sleep now. I opened my eyes to see, not only the boys, but everyone else looking at me. Feeling uncomfortable, I went to the back of the bus and got ready for soundcheck. This is why I didn't want to go out there in the first place. I knew I was going to be made to feel uncomfortable.