Chapter 75: The Artist

Tristan came into the room following a nurse who brought the baby in.

"She's beautiful," the nurse said giving the baby girl to Eva.

"She is," Eva said.

The nurse left the room and a few moments later the door opens again.

"Mommy!" Catherine cheered her father following behind her.

"Hello Vincent," I said and he bowed his head to me.

"Hush voice. The baby is sleeping," Eva said and Catherine nodded.

"Can I hold her?" Catherine asked and Eva nodded.

"Elira, if you could," Eva said and I nodded.

Gently taking the baby from her arms and helped Catherine carry her.

"She's so small!" Catherine said loudly, Eva gave her a look, "Right, hush voice, she's so small," Catherine whispered making everyone in the room chuckle.

Vincent walked towards Eva kissing her forehead, they were such a lovely couple. They didn't deserve for their baby to be taken away from them, "Have you guys decided a name?" I asked them and they looked at each other shaking their heads.

"We've decided that ... whoever adopts her gets to name her," she said smiling. But there was a hint of sadness in her voice, "So you can name her," she said smiling and I shake my head.

"Jivan and I, aren't adopting her," I walk towards Jivan putting an arm around his waist, "Tristan is."

Eva and Vincent look at Tristan and smiled.

Selwyn took the baby from Catherine and gave her to Tristan. Tristan stared at the baby in Selwyn's hands, "She won't bite," Selwyn said and I giggled.

Tristan took the baby in his arms and it was like my grandmother said. He'd meet a girl who would mean the world to him.

"So Tris, decided a name?" I asked as he swayed the baby slowly in his arms.