Chapter 49: The Admirer

July 8, 2018

     I was on my way to wake Elira up, to watch the sunrise with me in the human realm. I already asked her parents the night before and surprisingly they allowed me to bring her.

Chad and Ninurta were sleeping standing up, I felt bad for them.

     I look over Kirstein who was with me, "Get some pixies here to bring them to their quarters."

     She nodded and flew away. I quietly walk into her bedroom. She was fast asleep.

     Walking towards her bed, I admired her peaceful face, "Elira," I slowly tap her left shoulder. She stirred a bit, "Elira," I said and I saw her eyes move and she was waking up. I waited for a few seconds and she opened her eyes.

"Good morning," I said softly, she smiled but it was evident how sleepy she still was.

"Morning, Javier," she sat up straight and started rubbing her eyes, "What time is it?"

"It's 6 sharp in the morning," she nodded.

Her eyes then widened looking at her windows, "The sun isn't up yet!" she was now fully awake.

I cover her mouth, "And the people are still sleeping," I put my index finger on my mouth gesturing to be quiet.

I put my hand away from her mouth, "I should be sleeping too," she pouted.

"I promise, you won't regret me waking you up, go get a sketchbook and a coat, we're going to the human realm," the mention of the human realm, she perks up.

     She quickly got out bed and I shake my head amused at her. She walked straight to her desk grabbing a notebook and pencil, then grabbed a coat off a hanger.

     "Ready!" she cheered.

"Shush!" I said and she giggled.

"Ready!" she whispered and I smiled at her.

     We used her special door to get down faster and Kirstein was waiting at the gateway, holding the bracelets.

     "Thank you, if the boys wake up before we get back, just explain to them," I said taking the bracelets from her and gave on to Elira.

"Yes, sir!" she saluted and flew away.

"Does my parents know about this?" Elira asked struggling to put on her bracelet.

I help her, "They do, don't worry. There," I said securing the bracelet around her wrist.

"Thank you," she smiled.

"After you," I gestured to the gateway and she shook her head giggling.

     She went through and I went through right after.

     "What are we doing here?" she asked as she saw I set the gateway on a building rooftop.

"Come with me," I grab her hand and brought her to sit with me on the edge of the rooftop.

"I thought you were afraid of heights," she said as she sat down with me.

"That's why I'm not looking down," I said staying still, but I could feel my heart pound.

I stood still, "You don't have to sit here if you're terrified Javier," she said.

"It's fine, we have to experience this together," I said staring ahead.

"What are we experiencing exactly?" she leaned her head on my shoulder.

"The sunrise," I said and she giggled.