Chapter 74: The Poet

December 30, 2018

     Elira, Tristan and I were in a taxi on the way to the hospital where Eva was in labor.

     "Selwyn, just texted me that Eva had a safe delivery," Elira said and we smiled.

     After Javier told us the details of how adopting the baby would work. Elira and I talked about adopting the baby, she was surprisingly against it.

     "You don't want to adopt the baby?" I stare at Elira as we were walking in the realm between realms.

"It's not that I don't want to, but I have a feeling someone else will adopt her," she smiled and I just nodded.

     We arrived at the hospital and walked towards the reception. Elira did most of the talking, "Thank you," she smiled at the receptionist, "They're in the first floor, room 10B," she said and led the way to the elevators.

     Tristan was quiet the whole time, Elira and I share a knowing look.

     "You think Tristan is going to adopt the baby?" Elira nodded, "Why?"

"When I last visited my grandparents, they said something to Tristan that I will never forget," she grinned.

"What was that?" I asked and she shook her head.

"You'll just have to wait to find out," I sighed but nodded.

     We reached the 1st floor and Selwyn greets us in the waiting room, "I'm glad you could make it," he said hugging Elira.

"Hey," he said towards me and Tristan.

"Can we see the baby?" Elira asked and Selwyn nodded.

We follow him to a glass window that showed newborn babies, "She's the one in the –"

"Left corner closest to us," Tristan said already staring at the baby.

"That's right," Selwyn said looking surprised.

"I explain later," Elira said and he nodded.

We saw a cute baby fast asleep in her bed. She had no name yet, "Do you want to visit Eva?" Selwyn asked.

Elira and I nodded, "Tris, are you coming?" I asked as we started to walk away.

"Let them have their moment," Elira grabbed my hand pulling me away.

     Tristan just had his eyes on the baby.

     Selwyn led us to Eva's room, "Elira and Jivan are here," Selwyn said.

"Greetings your majesty," Eva said bowing her head toward us.

"No need to be so formal, how are you?" Elira smiled sitting down on a chair by Eva's bed, I stood behind Elira. Placing my hands on her shoulders.

"I'm fine," Eva said, "I thought Tristan was coming?"

Elira and I looked at each other smiling, "He's admiring the baby," I said.

Eva nodded smiling, "How is she?" Eva asked.

"She's fast asleep like you should be," Elira said and Eva shook her head.

"I'll rest later on," she said.

"Where's Catherine?" Elira asked.

"Vincent is fetching her from school," Eva said, "Do you guys want something to eat?"

"Mom brought some chicken soup," Selwyn said.

"I'm fine, what about you Jivan?" Elira turned her head to face me I shook my head.

"I'll go check on Tris," I patted Elira's shoulders.

I walk towards Tristan who was just staring at the baby, "Seems like you've fallen in love with her," I said putting my arm around his shoulder.

"She just woke up," Tristan said and I looked to see she had beautiful light blue eyes, identical to her mother's.

     I watch Tristan smile looking at the baby. It was the first time I've seen him so happy and in awe.

     "Have you decided?" I said and Tristan looks at me confused, "Are you going to adopt her?" I raise my eyebrow and he looked back at the baby.

"I believe so," he said just smiling at the baby.

     He wasn't related to the baby in any way, but he had that look only a loving Father had. Elira was right, Tristan was meant to adopt her.

A/N: Wattpad keeps saying there's an error, I'm hoping this posts. Please comment if you can read this.

What do you think about Tristan being a father?