Chapter 14: Johnny's and Jamie's Date

A Little Earlier

Jamie finished getting ready for her date with Johnny.

(A/N Look and outfit.)

)

She smiled as she hugged Johnny's old jacket to herself, looked in the mirror one last time, then headed for the stairs

She smiled as she hugged Johnny's old jacket to herself, looked in the mirror one last time, then headed for the stairs. She saw Rosita and Norman reading the kids, who were still wide awake, a story.

"Hey, I'm heading out," she called.

"Okay. And you look gorgeous," Rosita commented.

"Yes you do," Norman added.

"Thanks," Jamie smiled then told the kids, "Now you kids be good for Gunter."

"Yes ma'am," all 25 answered, which made her and Rosita giggle and Norman smile while shaking his head.

Then a knock on the door was heard.

"That's my cue. Bye guys," she waved.

"Bye," they all returned.

She went to the door, breathed, and opened the door to see Johnny.

"Wow. You look amazing, as always," Johnny replied.

"Thanks. You too. And I swear every time we go on a date, I act like it's the first one and I get nervous," Jamie told him.

They chuckled and he told her, "It's the same for me."

She blushed at that. Even after being together for a year, they still make each other nervous in a good way.

Johnny offered his arm and asked, "Shall we?"

Jamie accepted it and answered, "We shall."

He escorted her to his truck and helped her inside. They drove to a teenage dance club and went inside. They sat down at a table a little aways from the dance floor so it was less crowded.

"This is a great place," Jamie commented.

"Yeah. And there's a reason I picked it," Johnny said.

"What is it?" she asked.