Chapter 9: Jamie's Bonus

Jamie looked at Buster, who was still smiling.

"Jamie, you've worked for me for about a year and not once have you given me a reason to fire you," Buster started.

Jamie smiled at this.

"Also, Rosita told me about what you're doing for Johnny," Buster continued.

Jamie's eyes went wide for a minute.

"Y-You know I'm saving up to bail Johnny's dad out of jail?" she asked.

"Yes. And I think it's amazing! When do you plan on telling him?" he wondered.

"Well, I originally wanted to do it by our anniversary or his birthday, but I didn't have enough and his birthday's in a few months. So I was hoping to do it and surprise him by the time of the show," Jamie answered.

"That's brilliant! I was going to do this anyway, but after hearing what you're doing for Johnny, you really deserve this," Buster exclaimed, reaching under his desk.

He pulled out a medium-sized bag and handed it to her.

"That's $1,000 to help and whatever's left is your bonus for this month," he told her.

She was surprised at this in a good way.

"Thank you, Mr. Moon!" Jamie exclaimed, hugging him.

"You're welcome," Buster said, hugging back then they parted and he added, "Now do it the day of the performance so he can see Johnny perform and it won't be a hassle to have him hide. Then you can present him at the very end."

"Sounds good. Thanks again," Jamie thanked.

"No problem," he responded.

She left the room and looked in the bag at the money she earned. She put the money in her bag and left to rehearse. Not once did the smile leave her face, no matter how rehearsals went for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Jamie got a bonus, which means she has enough to bail Big Daddy out of jail! Awesome! But how will rehearsals go from here?