Chapter LXVII

Chapter LXVII

Lycus

I couldn't take it anymore. This was terrible! Ariadne would never beg, but yet she had to. At least... Would she?

"No!" Ariadne cried through clenched teeth. "I will never beg to a dog such as you."

Good grief, Ariadne! If you're not going to beg, at least be meek about it.

Clavius didn't say anything. He walked over to us and stood, looking down his nose at Ariadne. "That's your final answer?" Then, before really giving her a chance to reply, he said, "So be it." He grabbed me from the first soldier, practically dropped me to the ground, and stomped hard on my injured left leg, eliciting a scream of pain from me.

"Stop! Please, stop!" Ariadne cried.

I almost passed out, and indeed wanted to. I didn't want to be alive anymore at this point.

"Clavius." I was dimly aware of a new voice coming from the doorway. "The tribune wants you. Leave the prisoners alone for now."

"Yes, sir," Clavius replied to the new voice. He took his foot off of my leg and judging by his retreating footsteps, left the cell.

I gave a long moan. My leg was aching, no, radiating pain. It was almost more than I could bear. Not to mention the rest of my grievances had been aggravated by the fall and some of them now bled again. Like I needed to lose more blood.

"Lycus, I'm so sorry. I didn't know he would do that to you," Ariadne wept, kneeling beside me.

I really didn't care, Ariadne. I really didn't. He did do it, and it was your fault. I was beyond being gracious at that point. Maybe one day, if I lived that long, but certainly not now.

"Whatever," came my muffled response.

I was dimly aware of voices above me, until I did black out. Unfortunately, the pain followed me there too.

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay in updates.... super busy right now so I'm just trying to keep my sanity. -_-

Lycus - GadSul