Chapter LIV

Chapter LIV

Ariadne

"Please, don't hurt him!" I cried, straining against the guard restraining me.

"Oh, don't worry, Princess," the emperor said with mock sympathy. "He'll get what he deserves."

"Please," I sobbed halfheartedly, tired of fighting. Tired of just trying to survive. Why did life have to be so hard all the time?

"Don't worry about him," Caesar scolded, an evil glint in his eyes. "I would worry about you. Because you are a lot more important to me than a common slave." He turned to the guards left in the room. "Take her to her room. You know what to do."

"Yes, my lord," the men answered, immediately dragging me from the room and out into the hall. They pulled me through the grand halls of what I knew to be Caesar's palace until we came to a stop in front of a tall door. I was brought inside to a grand bedroom with a large, round bed with fine silks adorned with curtains on both sides. The room was finely furnished with a desk and a bath place as well, similar to my old room in Thebes.

"What is going on?" I demanded.

The guard ignored me and tossed me to the marble floor. I scrambled backwards until my back hit the edge of the bed. My body shook as I looked from the one guard in the middle to the two others who stood by the door.

"I demand you answer me," I forced out, sounding braver than I really felt.

"You can't demand anything of us." the guard laughed cruelly. "You are our prisoner, not our princess. Now, don't try anything funny or I have full permission to make your life a living horror. Do you understand?"

I nodded hesitantly.

"Answer me," the guard growled. I could see he was genuinely enjoying this.

"Yes, sir," I mumbled, shame filling my stomach. My face turned red and I buried it in my arms. The guards laughed amongst themselves, but at last they left, locking the door behind them. And so I cried, sobbing until I had nothing left to get out.

Awww poor Ari and Ly :'( What do you all think is going to happen next??

Ariadne - Ithildae