Chapter LVII

*WARNING: Torture Scene*

Chapter LVII

Lycus

Again, the whip lashed across my back, and again, and again. It seemed like it would never end. Just when I thought I could take no more, it stopped. I sagged heavily in the iron shackles that held me to the ceiling. My feet just brushed the floor.

I was vaguely aware of  the guard standing beside me. He grabbed my jaw and forced me to look at him. "How does it feel?" He asked, his voice low and grating.

I could only moan in response.

His harsh laughter filled the room as he reached up with keys in hand and unlocked the shackles. I fell to the ground as soon as both of my hands were free. My wrists were sore and my arms ached from holding up the rest of my body for so long.

The guard grabbed my hair and pulled my head back. "How do you feel about more?" He cracked the whip in his hand and I flinched at the noise. He let go of my hair and I fell back, a hiss of pain escaping my lips as I landed on my bruised and bloody back.

The guard kicked me in the ribs, causing me to double over on the ground. He kicked me again; I cried out. Then he grabbed my arm, pulling me upright, and backhanded me, which sent me sprawling again. He kicked and punched some more; I lost track of the blows.

He stopped for a bit, and I savored the lack of added pain. But my relief was short lived. He dragged me up by my arm again and brought his booted foot down on my knee, snapping and twisting it the wrong way.

I screamed in pain as a wave of agony swept over me. Pain radiated up and down my leg, the pain indescribable. The guard dropped me to the ground again. I had neither the strength nor the will to get up. I didn't want to live in this painful existence anymore. I'd had enough.

I thought I heard a door open, and the next thing I knew, someone was dragging me. I assumed it was back to my cell. Being dragged hurt just as bad, as it aggravated my many bruises, cuts and gashes.

I passed in and out of consciousness on the way, and sometime later, I found myself lying on a cold, damp, stone floor.

Finally, I did pass out.

Well... here's an update for you all. *cringes* I'll post another one since it's St. Patty's Day today.

Lycus - GadSul