Chapter 9: Green Violets - Beyond Love...

Comenzar desde el principio

This efficiently broke Minho from his suffocating bubble and he let out a shaky exhale, finally breaking eye contact with the other leader. He had been so... shocked to see Mark again. The memories had came rushing in, he was overwhelmed. He had missed him. Greatly. The boy had changed so much since their time together. The last time they saw each other was just after the war, when they were only kids. Now they were men...

Today, Mark was standing tall and proud, strong build on display in his black pants, black traditional kimono jacket with silky dark and neon green intricate designs complementing his complexion, and golden jewelries making him look regal – he noted that the golden leader's thorn crown still laid on his head. Minho also noticed that he had gotten plenty of tribal tattoos in these past years, some of them peeking here and there from behind his clothes. Donghyuck would have been proud of his best-friend and the man he became, no doubt. He could have even fooled everyone that he was alright.

But not Minho, nor Jeongin. Both of them could see the dark circles under his eyes and the creases in his cheeks, the void and the latent rage in his eyes, the way his muscles were tensed – Mark never fully healed from his loss, even after all these years.

Squeezing back Jeongin's hand, Minho finally managed to look at Mark properly again, the boy's impassive face still here and the eyes, that had been nothing but a blur of emotions, now calm indifferent hazel brown shining orbs in the night.

'Sosoïl Mark.' Minho found it in himself to steady his voice and the moment he uttered those words he saw the way Mark tightened his jaw. The Yui leader might find it hard to see them, he might be angry at the world for depriving him of his closest friend but, no matter what people will say, Minho knew he missed them.

'Mark, what brings you here?' CL finally spoke, slowly coming over her initial shock to greet the third leader. Said boy turned to her, acknowledging her by pressing his fingers over his forehead before tilting his head down in confusion.

'I heard of the gathering a few hours ago. I thought it was a noble thing to pray for so I came to join. Didn't he told you?' he asked, pointing to his left. Everyone followed his finger and Minho resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

Of course.

'Care to tell us why didn't inform us of Mark's venue Yedam?' CL demanded through gritted teeth, clearly not amused.

'I thought having more Strays praying would only benefit.' he mumbled looking down and sulking a bit. Why couldn't these leaders see past their pride to see that unity could make them stronger?

'This is not the point. This is not a mere meeting where you can do as you please-'

'Pardon me? Do as I please?' Yedam scoffed, looking up with arms crossed over his chest, eyes clearly burning with annoyance. 'I tried to tell you all afternoon long but you were so preoccupied with comforting the Young Wing rider that you didn't listen, I tried to find you this evening to tell you before we left for the meeting but you were already gone, which is why I was late by the way, and finally I tried to tell you when I arrived but you kept cutting me.'

CL looked taken aback for a moment before she sighed and pressed her palms over her temples.

'Ok Yed, I was wrong for not listening to you. But nevertheless asking people to come to gathering is not your task-'

'Pardon me for cutting you CL, but he didn't ask for me to come.' Mark cut in, seeing the guilt on Yedam's face. 'He told me there was a gathering and I said I was coming. He had no choice in it.'

'Sure, but what I mean is that talking to other clans about the gathering without telling his own leader first is not a proper behavior.' CL explained calmly but Mark only scoffed amused and smiled.