"Sakura-nee, the room over there is the one you can use as a lab. Right on the left of this hall is the kitchen; right here in the living room. Upstairs are the rooms," Chisa said, "This was used as a rest house before, but there are people who use this as a research facility as well. We have a large number of plants to use and they want to study them,"

"Okay. At least I don't need to worry about staying in an inn. That'll help me a lot you know. Not to mention my budget is a bit tight nowadays," she laughs.

"Grandpa made sure to stock the kitchen, but if you need anything, just tell me," Chisa smiled.

"Thanks, I need to go to the lab room," she said.

"Okay, I'll stay in the living room. Call me when you need something," Chisa said as she went towards the living room.

Sakura went to the lab room. It was a bit small for a lab, but she observed that there was sufficient stuff she'll need. It had one small bed, a long table where a few lab instruments were laid, a shelf full of bottles and paraphernalia, a cabinet full of books and scrolls, and stools. There's a small window, covered with a green curtain.

She had examined the blood sample she got from Toru, and found out something interesting. There's a parasitic organism in the blood. It's microscopic, that's why she didn't sense its presence while scanning Toru's body a while ago. It attaches itself to the blood cells, destroying a few healthy cells on its way, eating them, as it circulates around the body. It makes the blood cells as its legs, riding on them and running from veins to veins.

Little demons! She thought as she peered through her microscope. Now that she knew her enemies, it's time to make the cure. Based on the parasite's structures, she formulated a few things she thought would counter it and wrote down a list of things she needs. Aside from herbs, she needs to fuse on it too. Chisa was busy in the fireplace. It was warm in the room, a fire slowly flickering on the hearth.

"Chisa, I need you to go to the village and get this stuff," she gave Chisa the paper, "bring them tomorrow. It's late, and your grandpa must have been worried about you right now,"

"But Sakura-nee-"

"Don't worry. I'm making progress, and it's just the first day. We'll resume tomorrow okay?" she touched her cheeks to comfort her.

"Alright, I'll be back early tomorrow, see you," Chisa said as she headed towards the door. Sakura went with her and saw her taking the road on her way home. Sakura smiled and waved goodbye. She looked at the purplish sky. It looks like it's gonna rain.

I can still make it.

Sakura nodded, and leap to the nearest tree branch after locking the door. She's also headed towards the village.

After she left, a shadow was lurking behind the house. It was so careful, assessing, feeling any chakra, if there's anyone around. He moved silently, and swiftly. Then he entered the house. He jumped to the balcony on the second floor and entered a room. He didn't bother to turn on the light. What's the use? He can find his way in the dark. Then lightning flashed across the sky. He was standing there silently, thinking what to do next...his eyes bleed in red.

~SxS~

Sakura hurriedly took her steps from sprint to running. She could feel the heavy atmosphere around her. While she literally runs faster now, she stares at the sky, now covered in dark grey. Lightning flashed in the sky. The surrounding, which mainly was heavy foliage looks so dim and gloomy now. Any minute, it'll start raining. She has to hurry in her cabin or the stuff she was carrying will be damaged. After all, it was a precious ingredient from the concoctions she was preparing for the villagers.