Broken

A familiar hand holds my cheeks on either side. Their warm finger tips poke into my skin, making my eyes quickly open. The light of the candle beside my bath blinds me for what it feels like an eternity as I try to make sense of my situation.

Yoongi's worried face glows yellow in the candle light and he breaths a sign of relieve seeing I was alive. "Don't be so reckless as to fall asleep while bathing," He scolds.

I laugh off the seriousness, " I would have woken up before I drowned, I wasn't in any danger."

Yoongi scowles at me, moving his right hand from my cheek to flick my forehead.

"Ow!" I push him away like a child. I realize then that a bruise started to form on my hand and wrist.

"What's that?" Yoongi's authoritive voice made me sink lower into the water.

"I might have gotten a little hurt in the attack today," I mumble, but Yoongi heard me as clear as day. His eyes left scorch marks imprinted on my face, his rage was scary, even though it wasn't directed at me.

"I will kill the man who did this to you," Yoongi grabbed my other hand to pull me out of the water. His grip was tight and made red marks on my skin. But he didn't seem to notice or care. "I'll help you get dressed."

"N-no. I can manage by myself." I can't help but feel embarrassed.

"It wasn't a question, or would you rather walk to the royal nurse naked?" But we both know Yoongi would never let other eyes bare witness to that.

"Alright..." I mumble, not wanting to see his anger turn towards me.

Yoongi helps me into a loose nightgown and silk robe. Lastly, he tides my hair up into a messy bun so I wouldn't catch a cold. He studies my face a minute longer.

"What is it?" I ask, a little annoyed.

"I thought I might have lost you today," He says as he looks into my eyes, "when a scared guard came in to tell me the Queen and my concubine was being assulted, I nearly lost it in front of my guests."

I wrap an arm around his neck and gently hug him. I didn't want to put him through more pain, he's had enough to last a life time.

"Look, I'm standing right in front of you, as I always will be," I whisper. I didn't know if I was lying; only the future would be able to tell me that.

Yoongi suddenly straightens and pushs me away gently. He seemed to remember he's a king and was not supposed to act weak.

"Let's be off then," he turns to the door, a blush playing on his cheeks.

         "How long since you hurt your wrist?" The Royal Doctor asks me.

The doctor was an old, skinny man. He was bald, but had a long white beard. His cheek bones protruded out of his cheeks.

"Nothing more than a few hours." With every touch of the doctors hand, a wave of pain went through me.

"Lady Hye-Rin's wrist is broken, Your Magesty," he says as he turns to Emperor Min. "I'll bandage her wrist now, and give her some tea that will sooth the pain."

"Good," The emperor says. He turns to the maid standing in the car corner, "take her to her room when she is ready."

Yoongi goes to leave. As he walks pass, his hand brushes my arm. It must be his silent goodbye.

The doctor lifts the bandages up to my hand. "This might hurt a bit, but just stay still."

I nod and close my eyes. When he started to wrap my hand, I realized though the pain was horrible, it wasn't nothing I couldn't handle. I've been through worse. Once he was done, the doctor fastened the bandages tighter, but the pressure felt nice.

"Why don't we check up on the Emperor's child?" The doctor pulls out his stethoscope.

I watched the doctor's face closely, waiting for any signs that the baby was harmed. But no emotion was seen. He just kept nodding.

"Everything is good. It's been two months now?" He questions.

"Yes, I believe so." I thought back to the calculations that were made to guess when I got pregnant.

"You are serving the Emperor well, Lady Hye-Rin." We must have all been worried for the baby after the assault today. "Go and rest well, for the heir."

I smile and turn to get up; the maid was waiting for me at the door. "Are you ready to go, My Lady?" The maid spoke.

"Yes, I'm quite tired."

An- thanks for reading!