The King's Brothers Part 2

*This story is discontinued on this book. HOWEVER, there is a revised version with the same name. Please go to the new story to read. Thank you!*

        Immediately my maids took action to prepare me for a walk with the prince. As they took me to another room to dress, I thought about what I knew about the youngest royal brother, Prince Jungkook. I heard he was gentle and often is publicly teased by his hyungs. Though part of nobility and was expected to marry Princess Uisun when he was older, he was extremely shy to women. The commoners couldn't stop retelling the tale when Prince Jungkook had a certain outing with his future wife, Princess Uisun. They had taken a walk through the Royal Garden when Prince Jungkook had nervously tripped back into the koi pond, in anguish the prince snatched onto the sleeve of the princess to catch his balance. In the end, he not only ended up falling into the water, he also pulled Princess Uisun with him too. Apparently her wet clothes revealed more of the princess than what the prince was accustomed to and, with that, he had passed out in front of everyone in the pond.

        I held in a laugh recalling the story. Was he a possible friendly acquaintance I could have here at the palace? I shook off the thought to step out of my chambers, ready for a walk with Prince Namjoon. A servant held a fuchsia paper umbrella over my head, despite my protests. I wanted to feel the warmth of the sun but even that I was denied of.

        Scribe Hoseok gave me a knowing look when he saw the umbrella. I simply tried to lose my frown and walked alongside the prince. Immediately I smelled sugar, and right enough, Prince Namjoon was chewing on tteok; a sweet pumpkin dessert cake. He grinned at my crinkled nose but didn't offer me any of his treat.

        "Hmm my bashful little brother is hiding from me with Royal Min Yoongi. Should we offer them a visit little flower?" He didn't wait for me to think it over before boldly locking his arm with mine, dragging me as he suddenly ran. Manners and correct behavior didn't matter anymore and I galloped alongside him. We tore through the courtyard with the our maids and guards begging us to slow down. I burst out in giggles as the air entered and left my lungs in a burning speed. I had no utter idea as to why I was running but I knew I was having fun. When I looked up to Prince Namjoon I noted his wide smile of enjoyment. What felt like minutes of this was actually seconds and two royal guards had stopped us as we approached the offices of Emperor Min Yoongi. I gasped more air in, mortified at what I had just done. The prince released his hold and gestured with two fingers to the announcer outside. He didn't appear fazed at all.

        "Prince Namjoon and-" for the second time that day, the announcement of Prince Namjoon was cut off. A young man stormed out of the doors, pointing angrily at Prince Namjoon. He had dark chocolate brown hair and a young stature. In that moment he appeared furious, his blazing eyes displaying that.

        "You sent a scribe to Princess Uison telling her that I had a favoritism towards men? Do you know that her father is threatening us with war?" he tries to shove Namjoon but fails as Namjoon stands ground with a sneaky smirk.

        "Don't get riled up Royal Kookie Brother, I was merely doing you a favor. You can't even look her way without acting like a four year old girl. Besides, I doubt she truly wants a husband who passes out at the sight of skin." Prince Namjoon treads dangerous waters as he pats his head. I assume this is Prince Jungkook and I bow respectfully though he doesn't seem to acknowledge me. I laugh in the inside at this spat but worry about Prince Namjoon's consequences. He seems as ruthless as he was rumored.

        "I didn't pass out, for the millionth time! I was blessed with a vision from the sun!" Prince Jungkook fires back and though I can't see his face, I can imagine him bright red and out of breath from the argument. I hear him breath out sharply, "Concubine Hye-Rin?"

        I rise in a not so graceful manner, "Yes, Your Highness." He looks flustered and a little scared when he overlooked me. Prince Namjoon snorted when he saw Prince Jungkook's reaction. Prince Jungkook backed up and glared at his white haired brother. I smiled shyly, not wanting to overset my boundaries of comfort with the royal family.

               "Emperor Min apologizes but he isn't accepting any visitors at this time" Jungkook informs me with eyes that hold sincere pity. I nod back in understanding. The once again refusal of the Emperor was painful, I knew I should be grateful but oddly enough I couldn't forget the cold touch of His Royal Majesty.

A/N: *cringes* Super short again but there will be another chapter tmrw from Paige. I just wanted to introduce Jungkookie. Thanks for all of the support that this story has received. :) -Lori