The Lady in Flowers

*This story is discontinued on this book. HOWEVER, there is a revised version with the same name. Please go to the new story to read. Thank you!*

        Once the sun rolled into my room, staining the walls and floor a light orange, I limped out of my bed to welcome empty quarters. The Emperor must be busy with a meeting while the maid's worked.

     After last night's shock, heavy bags had swelled under my restless eyes. My youthful face felt aged and wary. Thinking back to the night before, I realize how disrespectful I had acted to the Emperor. He came to me, and as a concubine, I should never resist. At the moment, it just seemed too fast, and I snapped. Hopefully the Emperor wouldn't throw me out on behalf of disobedience, but I didn't blame him if he decided on it.

     "Miss Hye-Rin, would you like to be changed now?" A maid, who must have been in my room the whole time, wakes me from my thoughts.

     "Yes," I calmly say, heading back into the room where she waits.

     After fully dressed, I slide on my light pink house slippers which had black and white satin ribbons tied on the front. I headed for the door, leaving most of the maids to straighten my room, as Nari followed. Now carefully placing my house slippers beside my Unhye, my outdoor shoes, whom had beautiful cloud designs layering it. Opening the front door, the sun shines a cast of light onto my face, making it seem less dull. 

     I close my swollen eyes and breath in the scent of flowers and damp earth. Gently, I picked up the side of my dress slightly as I began to walk. The library seemed to be my new safe haven. Racing, I pass the other buildings until I arrived to a flower-covered  garden. Beautiful colors spanned over the stretch of land, my lovely garden at Ajumni's Hanok seemed inferior.

     I slowly left the smells and pulled myself into the large building to the right. My eyes fell on the table I had resided the day before. A young woman sat with her back towards me. Her darker than black hair swooped into a large updo. I waited for her to turn and reveal her face, but she made no effort to move. A long scroll was placed in front of her, words spilled across it. My body turned away from her and headed towards a smaller, but empty table in the corner.

     Taking out my notebook and writing tools, I opened to the page I had left off.

     The young maidens eyes wandered back up to the Emperor. Her cheeks tinted a rose pink, seeing their gaze was now locked together. She didn't dare to break his hold on her, the Emperor's grip was too strong. Softly, he tilted his head down and catches her lips with his. She breathed in nervously, but did not withdraw. The kiss was bitter sweet. The first and the last, a sign of goodbye. But she will never forget this man who had stolen her heart.

     Doors opened, making the couple jump away from each other in shock. A man whose face was beaten and bloody was standing-

     "So you're the Concubine I heard so much about," the woman's voice broke me from my concentration.

     I looked up at the woman who was standing before me. My eyes widened, taking in all her features. I almost thought I was looking into a mirror, our faces are identical. Without another thought I rose my body from the chair and back down into a low bow.

     "Yes your Majesty, my name is Mo Hye-Rin, and am now serving the king as a concubine." I keep my lowered position.

     "You may rise," She says, with a chuckle somewhere in the serious façade.

     My body rose as commanded. Her soft fingers met my chin, pulling me closer. Pushing my face from side to side, she looked at my features ever so carefully.

     "Oh my, you do resembled me quite a lot." She smirks, pulling her hand away from my face.

     With another long stare, she moves to walk away. Her body was elegant, enchanting. The way she moved, you knew she was royalty. For a moment she stopped, but didn't turn back to look at me.

     "I have been wondering why Taewongun brought you in, now I understand." Her voice was low but powerful.

     After she left, I couldn't go back to writing. The way she said her last sentence made me tremble. Who was this Taewongun? I believe I heard the name before, but am not sure where. Sighing, I pick up my notebook and supplies and head out of the library. Taking in a breath of fresh air calmed my nerves. My maid quickens her step to follow.

     Moving back to the garden, I found a small stone bench and sat down. I looked over to my left and lifted my hand to touch a pink flower grown beside me. It's petals were still damp from the drizzle of last night. I lowered my head to lightly touch my nose with the soft petals. The smooth flower tickled my skin.

     "Such flowers don't compare to the beauty of you, dear." A man walks up to me, gaining my attention.

     "What is the name of the man who says such kind words?" I ask the aged man, a smile pulling at my lips.

     "I am Emperor Min's father, Former Emperor Taewongun." He presents himself with a small bow of the head.

     I quickly stand, then lower my body for the second time that day, "It is a pleasure to meet you."

     "Please rise." A large grin plays on his face.

     "I am delighted to finally meet you as well, Lady Hye-Rin," he says kindly.

     My mind falls back to Queen Min's words. I try not to detract myself with my silly questions, and instead listen to him talk.

     "I believe you have met with the Queen. She can be an intimidating, women, but because you look so much like her, you might find comfort in her," he speaks, " The Queen is a clever woman, but dangerous at that. She doesn't seem to understand the ways of the court, but she tries to be heard. Yet she's not the one to make decisions."

     I stare at him without a word. No one ever disrespected the Queen or talked poor of her. Yet this man was the Emperor for a short time before Emperor Min became old enough to lead.

     "That woman is tricky, so watch out for her," He said last, starting to walk away from the garden, "It was nice seeing you, Llady Hye-Rin."

     "As well as meeting you," I say, questions still forming.

     I wasn't one to question the decisions of royalty, so I kept quiet.

     "I was wondering why Taewongun brought you in, now I understand."

An- Hello my amazing readers! It's Paige and I had an awesome time writing this chapter. If any of you need help writing a story of your own, I am always happy to help. Lori and I love reading your feedback so please comment below. I would also love to hear what was your favorite song from Yoongi's new mixtape, mine is The Last. That's it for today! I hope you follow our story from now until the end!