Chapter 2

"Love Doctor"

            I woke up the next morning and felt something heavy on my chest. I slowly opened my eyes and saw that it was Aidan’s arm lying across me. I gently picked it up and moved it without waking him up. Then I climbed out of the bed and put my pajamas back on. When I was done I walked down the stairs.

            I felt my stomach growling so I made my way to the kitchen. When I walked in I saw Maria cooking. Maria had been with us for a long time. She was a forty year old Spanish lady. She was really pretty and really sweet. She had never gotten married because she thought of us as her family. She did all of the cooking and cleaning.

            “Hey Maria,” I called out as I sat at the island.

            “Hello Kayla. How was your night,” she asked as she turned and looked at me with a smile.

            “It was good,” I said with a shrug even though I knew it was a great.

            “Good. I heard you girls brought your boyfriends this year.”

            “Yes ma’am.”

            “When do I meet them?”

            “I guess whenever they get up. And Hunter brought a girl and Dustin is here again.”

            “That’s a recipe for disaster,” she said with a frown as she walked over to me and handed me a plate of food.

            “Why do you say that,” I said as I started eating.

            “You brought your boyfriend and your ex-boyfriend,” she said.

            “Dustin is my friend. Plus he has no problem with Aidan.”

            “Aidan?”

            “My boyfriend.”

            “Does he like Dustin?”

            “Well no but he’s dealing with it.”

            “I’m telling you little girl. All its gonna bring is drama,” she said with a smile. I heard shuffling and looked towards the door. It was Josh. In nothing but his underwear.

            “It that your boyfriend,” she asked me after she looked him up and down.

            “I wish,” he said as he sat beside me. “I’m her boyfriend’s best friend. I’m Josh.”

            “Nice to meet you. I’m Maria. I cook and clean.”

            “And you’re a mother hen,” I said to her with a smile.

            “That I am. Do you want any breakfast Josh?”

            “Yes ma’am,” he said as he took a piece of bacon off of my plate.

            “Mine,” I said as I moved my plate. “Why aren’t you wearing any clothes?”

            “Just got outta the bed,” he said as he yawned.

            “You couldn’t have put any pants on?”

            “Didn’t wanna. Why? Is it bothering you?”