79 || Knots Untie

I walk around Alexandria. Mostly everyone has gone to sleep now. It's been about 12 days since I last slept.

As I walk, I start to get a pain in the back of my neck.

Denise runs up to me.

"The man isn't in the cell." She says panicked

"Get Daryl and everyone else," I say

I rush away from her and run to Rick's house to tell him. Sure enough, he is sitting on the stairs in Rick's house.

I hold my katana up to his neck.

"What the hell are you doing in our house?" Carl says holding a gun to the back of his head.

"I'm, Uh, sitting on the steps looking at this painting, waiting for your mom and dad to get dressed. Hi...I'm Jesus." The man, Jesus, says.

Rick and Michonne come out if their room half dressed.

Them everyone else comes up the stairs all pointing their guns

"It's- it's ok," Michonne says

"You said we should talk. So let's talk."

-time skip-

We sit around a table question, Jesus. I'm sitting at the other end of the table, across from Jesus and next to Daryl.

"So, how'd you get out?" Rick asks

Daryl gets up and starts walking around the table, like a tiger stalking its prey.

"One guard can't cover two exits. Or third-floor windows. Knots untie and locks get picked. Entropy comes from order, right?" He says

"Right," Daryl says

"I checked out your arsenal. I haven't seen anything like that in a long time. You're well equipped, but our provisions are low. Very allow for the number of people you have. 54?"

"More than that," Maggie says

"Well, I appreciate the cookie. My compliments to the chef." He says awkwardly

"Yeah, She ain't here," I tell him

He turns to Daryl and I.

"Look we got off to a bad start. But we're on the same side-the living side. You, her and Rick had every reason to leave me out there, but you didn't. I'm from a place that's a lot like this one. Part of my job is searching out other settlements to trade with. I took your truck because my community needs things, and you three looked like trouble. I was wrong. You're good people. And this is a good place. I think our communities might be in a position to help each other."

"Do you have food?" Glenn asks

"We've started to raise livestock. We scavenge, we grow. Everything from tomatoes to sorghum."

"Tell us why we should believe you," Rick says

"I'll show you. If we take a car, I can take you back home in a day, and you can all see for yourselves who we are and what we have to offer."

"Wait, you're looking for more settlements. You mean you're already trading with other groups?" Maggie asks

"You're worlds about to get a whole lot bigger," Jesus says

I start putting mine and Daryl's stuff into the truck. Everyone climbs in and we start our journey to Jesus' home.

I sit next to Daryl with my head rested on his shoulder. His arm lays around me like a blanket.