66 || Shopping

The next morning Carol, Daryl, and Rick go outside the walls for a meeting about weapons. Daryl already filled me in so I didn't have to go. But it's getting boring in Alexandria so, I'm going for my own run.

I jump off the porch of our house and towards the armory, where my guns were stored.

Once I get there, I see one of Carl's friends handling my gun.

"What are you doing?" I asked, startling him.

"I-I uh. Nice gun." He says handing it to me.

I check my gun for any scratches and check to see all of my bullets still there.

"Why were you touching my gun?" I ask intimidatingly

He starts to sweat and stutter a lot.

"Why are you in here?" I ask stepping closer

"I-I w-wanted to go on a run." He says finally

"Kids your age are allowed to?" I ask

"Uh. No. But, I wanna do something. School is boring." He pleads

I take my pistols and katanas and put them in their place. I look at him and tell him to scram. He takes off towards the door.

I look over at the small window and approach it, making sure no one sees or is around. I carefully unhook the latch and unlock the window, sliding it open like Carol instructed.

I take my weapons and head towards the gate.

"Going hunting," I tell the man at the gate

He looks me up and down, skeptically.

"Today, kid," I say annoyed

He immediately rushes to the door and pulls it open. I slide through the gate and walk onto the dusty, asphalt road.

As soon as I get far enough from the wall, I walk towards the house that Daryl, Rick, and Carol were meeting at. I send them the signal and continue my run.

'Might have to get used to living in a home again. God, it's been a while.'

I walk blankly through the woods, not minding my surroundings. I stare at my dusty, muddy, and bloody combat boots as they are dragged through the leaves.

Then I run into something solid.

I jump back and hold out my katana, pointing the tip of it under the things neck. It's just Daryl.

"Scared the crap outta me." I joke, relieved

"Same here." He smiles

"Going hunting?" I ask

"Yeah, gotta get outta there sometime." He says

"Mind if I tag along?"

He grunts in response and tells me to follow him.

We walk through the woods in a comfortable silence. The wind rustled through the leaves and the soft crunch of leaves under our feet.

SNAP

I draw back my bow and Daryl readies his crossbow. The steps have a pattern. They're human.

"Come out! Now!" I yell at the person

Aaron walks out of the bushes with his hands raised. He seemed to be following us.