78 || The New World

Me, Rick, and Daryl chase after the man who stole the sorghum truck. She stops when we see the vending machine had broken off of the truck.

We all stop, breathless. Daryl takes his crowbar and breaks the glass. He reaches in and grabs chips and soda.

"This was a special request from the doctor."

"Soda?" I question

"Hey, whatever she wants. She saved Carl's life. We didn't know her, and she turned out to be alright."

I pull out my water bottle and take a few sips.

"If there're still people out here, and they're still people, we should bring 'em in."

"What, like this guy?" I ask

"No, not this guy," Rick says annoyed

"We still got a trail," Daryl says

"Let's go," Rick says

We start running after the truck again.

-time skip-

We follow the truck to the side of the road. He stopped to change a tire. We creep through the woods.

Rick grabs the man from behind.

"Hold still and maybe we won't hurt you."

"Sure thing." The man says

The man then elbows Rick in the stomach and head buts him. He kicks Rick's legs and Rick falls to the ground.

Daryl tries to punch him but the man throws him against the truck.

I go grab the man by the back of the coat and he tries to punch me. I duck and punch his stomach. He pushes me back but I roundhouse kick him in the head. He falls to the ground.

"This is done," Rick says as he holds a gun to the man's head.

"Do you even have any ammo?" The man asks

Rick and Daryl both shoot the walkers approaching us. I keep my katana under his chin.

"Okay. You gonna shoot me over a truck?"

"There's a lot of food on that truck. The keys, now."

"I think you know I'm not a bad guy."

"Yeah? What do you know about us?" Rick asks "Give me the keys." Rick loads his gun. "This is the last time I asking."

We decide to tie the man up on the side of the road. Daryl finds out his soda leaked in his bag.

"You're gonna leave me like this? You're really gonna do that?"

"Eh, the knots aren't that tight. You should be able to get free... after we're long gone." Ricks says getting the keys.

"Nah. Here," Daryl says shaking up a can of soda and throwing it on the ground. "In case you get thirsty."

We climb into the truck. As we start to leave, Daryl flips the man off and yells,

"So long, you prick!"

Daryl puts his feet up and leans back.

-time skip-

Rick is playing one of those annoying CDS again

"Still worked out. Today is still the day."

We go off-road to go to a barn. There is light thudding from on top of the car. I start to lowly growl.

Rick and Daryl both look at me.

"You hear that?" I ask

He turns down the music and keeps listening.