#Reason For Living

Port Mafia Executive Office

"Who do we have here?", Mori tilted his head. "Oh my, my favorite Isana", Mori stood up and served donuts. Isana bowed low and passed a letter to Mori.

Resignation Letter

"What is this?", Mori asked and tore the paper into pieces. "You know it doesn't work like this", Mori lectured. "Who's leaving?", Elise asked. "Dazai-san said. 'She wasn't yours to keep'. She was bought, 4 years ago", Isana relayed. "Hmmm? I see. Dazai told me that", Mori chuckled. Mori went close to Isana and gave her a slap.Chuya stood up and panicked. M "You're going to commit suicide?", Mori raised his voice. "I've got what I want. I saw Odasaku-san and... that's why, it's enough", Isana smiled.

"You're going to be useless anyway, don't show your face to me anymore", Mori turned his back and allowed her to leave. Isana gave a bow.

"Thank you, Mori-san", Isana said then left.

"Hmm? Why are there water in your eyes?", Elise noticed.

Goodbye.

Chuya walked Isana out of the port mafia vicinity. "Chuya-san... do you have some message to relay to Dazai-san?", Isana asked. "I see. You chose to be with that suicide maniac?", Chuya chuckled. "Isana... if you have your ability remove, there could be a possibility that it will also kill you. Stay alive, neh. Isana. Stay here", Chuya tried to convince. "I killed a lot of people as well. If this is my atonement, so be it", Isana smiled.  Isana pulled Chuya's hand and hugged him avoiding skin contact. "Thank you, Chuya-san for everything. I hope you grow taller", Isana teased. Chuya clenched his fist.

"Whenever you need me, just call me. I'll be there", Chuya gently pushed the girl away. "Uhhhm. This time, I don't want to be the nuisance. Chuya-san, have a good life", Isana gave a bow.

"Sorry if I always disappear in random moments but this time... I would like to give a proper farewell", Isana raised her head. "Goodbye, Chuya-san", Isana smiled widely.

Hospital

Isana sat beside Yasunari who is reading a book. "A good book is good no matter how many times your read it", Yasunari quoted. "Yasunari-san. You're an editor, right?", Isana asked. The girl nodded and looked at Isana. "Hi. My name is Isana Fumio. There's a wish I've always wanted to be granted but... can that wish wait until I've done something that I always wanted to do?", Isana asked. "You know... my ability can destroy someone's life because of a wish", Yasunari reminded.

"Yasunari-san. I am dying but my ability won't allow me to die. That's why I suffered for years but wasn't allowed to escape the pain. Regardless of the price, will you grant my wish?", Isana asked. "What will be that wish?", Yasunari asked.

Armed Detective Agency

Isana sat on her desk and started writing reports. "Oh, you seemed to be in a good mood now", Kunikida noticed. "Yeah. By the way, I'll be taking 2 weeks leave next month. I'll be needing it for my medication", Isana informed. "Vacation? How rare to hear that word again", Kunikida stretched. "Kunikida-san. Can I... have some lessons with you? Not with math, but writing class?", Isana asked. "I'm not that good", Kunikida informed. "It's better than having none", Isana smiled.

Dazai is watching the girl and had a weak smile.

For the next of the days, Isana stayed at the Armed Detective Agency. She served coffee. She went to regular medication. She also made a lot of reports. She had lessons with Kunikida and Fukuzawa also helped with language lessons.

Park Bench

"How scary", Dazai commented. "What?", Isana looked at the children playing at the slide. "Want to play?", Dazai asked. "I'm too old for that", Isana pouted. The kids started to leave. Dazai pulled Isana and forced her to sit at the swing. He pushed her back. "You're doing a tasky job at the Agency", Dazai noticed. "As if... You're making up for the days you wouldn't able to be there", Dazai said straightforwardly. Isana chuckled. "When we were back at port mafia. All you did was to break my bones, lecture, scold me... but you also... organized my birthday party. You make sure Chuya and I will come back alive every after mission. It's funny how we... who took lives are here... playing at a children's park", Isana had a crack on her voice.

"You went out of the Port Mafia to look for Odasaku. Now that you did it. What happens next?", Dazai asked. "Secret", Isana playfully said. "Dazai-san can't die yet. The Agency needs you..uhhm. this nation needs you", Isana looked at her hands. Daiza pushed the chains instead of Isana's back. "Do you have bandages in your hands now, Dazai-san?", Isana asked. Daiza nodded. Isana held Dazai's hand. Dazai was shocked. His heart beat at an irregular pattern.

"Dazai-san. I don't know if you remember. I was able to erase you memory at the first time you touched me. The next thing was you being so fond of me. You were so proud of me", Isana narrated. "I don't know why I also feel so happy being praised even if what I'm doing is dead wrong. You were amazed by my ability. This ability that I've hated for my whole life", Isana added. "With that... I just feel...", there were tears falling on her hand. "Wanted", Isana smiled and hid it from Dazai.

Company Dorm

Dazai sat alone inside his room.

August 24,

He passed through her. This time, he wanted to say something he's decided to say ever since he felt that thug inside his heart.

He was determined to tell her how he feels.

But then,

Something happened. He needed to prioritize between saving his friend from a desperate situation or to let her know.

He decided to save his friend not knowing if he still have the time to make his feelings known.

"Odasaku, what was it that I feel?", Dazai held tight on the book. Dazai heard a sound from Isana's room. He rushed and saw Atsushi is already there. "Isana", Atsushi shouted. Dazai entered and saw Isana curled on the floor. He also saw papers scattered all around. "Call Yosano", Dazai ordered.

Yosano's Clinic

"Good evening, Akiko-san", Isana said with a weak voice. Yosano studied her blood count and bit her lips. "Isana. You have to rest now", Akiko informed. Isana just nodded. "Is there any way that I could have an extension?", Isana asked. Dazai was startled with her question. "There is something I really want to do", Isana looked at Yosano. The doctor gulped and gave a thumbs up. "I'll just increase your dosage of medicine. It will give body pain but it's tolerable", Akiko assured. The girl smiled the lied down. "Dazai-san. I'll be fine, you can go back to the dorm", Isana informed. "I want to be alone, tonight", Isana added.

Chapter end.