#Whenever You Ask My Name

Flashback
4 months after her break
Isana became more aware of her ability. People who arent gifted forget her everyday without even touching them.

Oda Sakunoske's Apartment
The room was designed by Chuya, Oda and Dazai. There are paper ring hanging everywhere and they are wearing hats. Isana entered the apartment and saw that the lights were turned off.  The lights opened and they suprised Isana. "Happy 15th birthday", they shouted. Dazai opened a wine. "A toss for the celebrant", Dazai raise his glass. Isana stood frozen. Oda noticed her and went close to her. "Your parents were normal people. They forgot that you existed. They were alarmed of having a kid whom they never remember. They gave you into an orphanage house but you were always ignored. But....we will always do our best to remember you. We remember you Isana. Happy Birthday", Oda smiled and gave her a gift. She opened it and saw an book with blank pages. "Start writing your own story", Oda patted her head.

Dazai also gave a box of clothes and Chuya gave pair of ear piercing. They ate and enjoyed that night.

2 months after

Dazai is training Akutagawa when Isana entered. She saw Dazai beating Akutagawa badly and averted her stares. "Dazai-san, Oda-san told me that he'll be looking for Ango-san", Isana informed. "Ah... when we found Ango, I want you to remove all his memories about us", Dazai ordered. Dazai and Isana went out to finish a job. They walked together heading at the apartment when Isana fainted again. Dazai remembered that Chuya told him that  he cannot nullify Isana's ability. Dazai gulped and carried her.

Hospital

Dazai was staring at Isana inside the ICU room and waiting for his memories to fall apart but it didnt. How long she'll stay on your memories depends how deep she is rooted inside of you. Dazai remembered Oda's words. Oda came.running at the corridor. "What happened?", he asked. "She just fainted", Dazai answered. The doctor went out. "I'm afraid Miss Isana Fumio had leukemia", the doctor informed. "No way", Dazai and Oda said in unison.

Present
"Cancer cells havent totally left you, Isana. Sleep early and take your medicines", Yosano entered and slammed so many medicines at the table. "Thanks, Yosano-san", Isana bowed. Yosano stared at Dazai sitting beside Isana. His eyes were fixed on the girl. "Dazai, come back after you're shift is done", Yosano sighed and left.

"You're staring at me so much", Isana covered her face with the blanket. "I'm just scared that if I wont see you, I will forget you again", Dazai chuckled. "Isana, you cant leave Port Mafia because you were hoping to see Odasaku again", Dazai said in a sad voice. Isana removed the blanket. "Do you know where Oda-san is?", Isana asked. Dazai nodded.

Cemetery
Isana was dressed in grey sweatshirt and jeans. "Are we meeting him here?", Isana asked. Dazai remained silent. They passed through some graves and ended at one. "Isa, pay respect to Odasaku", Dazai said stopping at one grave. Isana's eyes widened seeing the name engraved on the stone. Oda Sakunoske. Tears formed in the corner of her eyes. "Da...zai-san. Why?", Isana knelt on the ground and covered her face. "Sorry. I wasnt able to tell you ahead. I just dont know how to say it", Dazai apologized. Memories flows into Isana's mind. She makes people forget but one of her abilities were not to forget about the past. She remembers how Oda cooks for her. Oda also buys her some clothes. Oda read her stories even in her age . Oda knows how much she loves to read. They always visit the public library. "Oda-san died", Isana  hugged the grave. "Guess this is the longest time I can.hug you, Oda-san", Isana continued to cry. She was crying her eyes out. Dazai was about to pat her shoulders but he was afraid. He was afraid if his nullifcation ability wont work again. But...he would like to comfort her. More than anything else, he wanted to touch her.

Osamu Dazai's POV
I now understand why she wanted her ability to be removed. "With Oda-san dead... maybe I need to learn how to live a life that I always die", Isana sniffed. "She always die. I cannot do anything to save her from dying", I offered a hand to Isana as she turned to me. "Those were Odasaku's regret", I covered his hand with bandages. "Want to hold my hand?", I offered. Isana nodded and took it. Odasaku, sorry for not being able to read your books ahead of time. I wonder what kind of life Isana lived  for a year. I tighten my grip on Isana's hand. We slowly walked away from Odasaku. Isana kept looking back at him. I hope I can also be with them.in the other life but I guess I will rot here.

We ended at the company dorm. I walked her at her room and she tighten her grip on my hand. "I went to Chuya-san this week. He might be so sad that everyone ends up betraying him", Isana looked at my eyes. I smiled at her. "I chose this path Isa,  at first,because Oda told me to... but now I understand why", I gently lets go of her hand. "Sleep well, Isana", I pushed her inside the room. I leaned on the door and just smiled. I opened the book once more.

Then he confessed to her...but I am so scared that one day he'll forget how he said it to her.

But one thing is for sure...

His mind might not remember.....

But his heart will.

Ps. I hope you take good care of her. I always hope I will be the one who'd stay with her but I know I wont be given the opportunity.

I held on my chest and felt a warm feeling.

What exactly is Isana to me?

Author's Note

Nyahhaa the end for now

I'll be working on another Dazai fanfiction