#Her Past No One Knows

Past 4 years Ago

Isana is covered with bruise. She sits inside a prison like room with iron bars preventing her to escape. Dazai with bandage on his left eyes. "You dont have any places to go, why dont you spit it already?", Dazai asked. Isana just held her feet close to her chest. "Save me", she said under her breath. "I will if you just tell me what ability you have",'Dazai entered the room. Isana held his arms and looked into his eyes. A man in maroon hair entered and pulled Dazai away from Isana. "Thanks Odasaku", Dazai said and gulped. Dazai felt a thug on his chest. "What did you see? Odasaku?" ,Dazai asked. "I saw you confused about her and even why you are here", Oda answered. "Hmm.. the ability to alter memories?", Dazai smirked in interest. "Let's try her out", Dazai dragged her by Isana's colar. Oda pulled Isana back. "Sorry but I am buying her from the Port Mafia", Oda said. "Why? You're wasting your money again trying to save some orphan. She's a good asset for the Port Mafia", Dazai chuckled. "Plus, she'll be really expensive", Dazai added. "I'll be staying with him....if... the...President will allow", Isana bowed. "I will also think that is best for you. Odasaku never killed anyone. I never saw him with girls even. He's the safest person", Dazai chuckled and waved at Oda. "But then...she'll be paired with me and Chuya", Dazai said with a bloodlust on his eyes.

Oda Sakonuske's Apartment

"You can stay at the other room", Oda informed as he carries Isana's box. She's covered with bandage and wound dressing. Oda went at the kitchen and prepared for tea and bought some snacks. Isana went inside her supposed room and fell asleep. Oda knocked and saw her fast asleep.

Isana woke up and saw it's already dawn. She went outside her room and tried to sneak out. "I wouldnt do that if I were you, Port Mafia will hunt you even in the other life", Oda stood up from the couch. Isana bit her lips. Oda prepared breakfast. "I heard you got severe anemia. We'll have you checked after Dazai orients you", Oda informed. "I dont want to be alone with him", Isana shivered. She remembered being tortured during the interrogation. Someone knocked on Oda's door. Oda opened it and saw Dazai. "I'm here to fetch the princess", Dazai peeked and saw Isana taking her breakfast.

Isana and Dazai entered a car. Isana grabbed Oda's sleeves. "Nope. Odasaku cannot come with us since he hates the scenario of people being killed", Dazai informed. Isana shivered and let him go. "I will go with you", Oda took pity on Isana and joined them on the ride. "What, it only take a young girl to make you come to a mission", Dazai chuckled.

Trading Area

Port Mafia infiltrated the area and many people died. Dazai, Odasaku, and Isana entered. Isana looked around and saw blood. "Isa, it is only an easy task. You just have to remove the memories of that old man in there and see if there are informations you can get", Oda whispered. "What, she can also see into someone else's memory?", Dazai was able to hear them. Isana averted her stares. "What a handy ability", Dazai stretched his limbs and cornered the trading boss. He captured him and crippled his whole body. If someone comes in contact with Isana for 5 seconds, people will forget her existence depending on how her name is engraved on their mind. If Isana stares at their eyes while holding them, she can.alter their.memories. Isana did what was asked of her. "This man already told the police about this illegal transaction", Isana informed. "Good", Dazai smiled and pointed a gun on the man. "He already lost his memories. He wont be a harm anymore", Isana said. Dazai pulled the trigger and went straight into the man's head. "Sorry but the mission says we eradicate everyone who betrays the Mafia", Dazai said handling the gun to Isana. "I was your age when I started breaking people's skull", Dazai informed. "What kind of life do you live? Dazai-san?", Isana cried and ran to Oda.

Dazai sighed and left with the Mafia members. Before leaving the room, he dropped a final glance on Isana. Oda comforted the 14 year old girl and headed out to eat.

Present

"Odasaku loves curry rice", Isana muttered while looking outside the window. "It's time to eat, Isana!", Akiko slammed the plate on her table. "Yosano-san?!", Isana was startled and jumped out of bed. She felt dizzy and held on the wall. "What are you doing here?", Isana hid a knife under her sleeves. "I asked Yosana-san to see you", Isana gulped upon hearing Dazai's voice. The door opened revealing a man with bandages on his wrist and neck. "I'll be watching here", Dazai sat at the couch and crossed his legs. Yosano raised her brows. Yosano wore her gloves and took a blood sample from Isana. "I'll be coming back with the result, stay still and dont move", Yosano instructed. The doctor left the two. The atmosphere changed.

"Having my name engraved on your chest...are you serious about that?", Isana opened. "I dont really remember anything. All I know was what Odasaku wrote on his diary and his book. My point of view or any ideas arent coming back to me", Dazai informed. "I am still a part of the Port Mafia. Whether I chose to stay or leave, I will still live a haunting life", Isana bit her lips. "Odasaku wrote about how you wanted to be free from the prison you were living. I saw Oda's body and saw your name engraved in it. I didnt really took it seriously. Odasaku had nth time forgetting you but he kept record of you everyday so he wont forget. He wrote too much about you", Dazai chuckled. "I wonder why...someone as dark as you are can turn into a clown", Isana sighed. Dazai went closer to Isana. He closed his eyes and patted Isana's head. "It must have been hard for you", Dazai said.

4 Years Ago
It's been 3 month since Isana tagged along with Dazai and Chuya for the mission. She removes memories and take information. In the end, everyone is being killed. Dazai often walks with Isana along the park heading to Oda's apartment. "I wonder if I had the ability to nullify you", Dazai stretched his limbs. "It's all worth it torturing you. You learned how to interrogate other people as well", Dazai praised himself. "Dazai-san, you got a gunshot of your eyes. Arent you going to the hospital?", Isana asked. "Hmmm... ", Dazai hummed. "You're going to die from infection", Isana looked at him. " I just hope I would", Dazai gave a short laugh. During one mission, she fainted.

Hospital
Isana opened her eyes and saw Oda sitting beside her. "Had a good rest?", Oda asked. "Why am I here?", Isana asked. "You fainted. Good thing Dazai knew how to drive...just a bit", Oda sighed. "Dazai-san... he... rushed me in the hospital?", Isana asked. "Right. You've been here for a week. Isa, you have to rest for a while. I'll be requesting for a leave to take care of you", Oda smiled. Oda stood up and was about to head out when Isana grabbed on the edge of his polo. Isana cried. "Your body feels painful?", Oda asked. Isana nodded and quietly continued to cry. Oda lowered himself and hugged Isana. "You cant hug me for more than 5 seconds....you'd forget me", Isana pushed Oda gently. "I understand", Oda lets go. A nurse entered. "Hello Madame, good morning for your first day", the nurse greeted. "I've been here for a week", Isana whispered to herself.

Isana went back to work after a rest for 3 weeks. Oda accompanied her to Dazai and introduced her again. "Oh, Isa? You got some handy ability. I hope to work well with you", Dazai offered a handshake. "I'm allergic to people", Isana said with a sad voice. Dazai tilted his head and looked at Oda. "Is she your daughter or what?", Dazai asked. Chuya face-palmed knowing how harsh he had been to Isana. "Isana, just ignore him and partner with me", Chuya called her. Isana followed the red-head man.

Author's Note:

Just a handful of flashback.