#She's One Odd Girl

Dazai Osamu's POV

President doesnt tell us who's request was this. One question for me would be the reason of Port Mafia's interest on her. Mori wouldnt send someone because of boredom. There must be something. Isana started living at the dorm for 2 days. She never went out of the room not interact with anyone. I decided to take some research.

I stood in front of her door and knocked. She's not answering. "Isana, this is Dazai. I'm here to check you out", I said. There were still no answer. I tried to open it but the door and it did. "I'm coming", I hummed. To my surprise, she was nowhere to be found. Her room is still empty with nothing but cooking utensils, her futon, and a cabinet. I called Kunikida and told me to report at the office.

Armed Detective Agency Office

I smiled to see Isana having breakfast with the rest of the team. She was wearing a denim topper and black shirt paired with  high waist jeans. Atsushi got stucked being their waiter. Isana sat further than anyone else. I tried to sit beside her but she jumped out of seat. "Good morning, Osamu-san", she bowed while standing. "Eh, why did you distance yourself too far?", I whined. Everyone sighed. "She did that to all of us", Yosano explained. I looked into her emerald eyes. Atsushi was right. "Do you want to have a double suicide with me?", I asked. Her eyes widened and tilted her head in confusion. "Just ignore him", Kunikida said. He scolded me and I saw Isana smiled at the corner of my eyes.

"Where were you early this morning?", Kunikida asked. "Fumio visits me every morning", Yosano informed. If I remember, she was at the hospital. We never asked what her condition was. "Then, are you gifted?", I bluntly asked. She bowed her head and looked at the floor. "Yeah! We're excited to know. I mean...why does port mafia wants you anyway?", Atsushi stopped serving coffee and asked. "Do you know how to play chess?", Ranpo diverted the attention. Isana nodded still looking at the floor. "Let's play", Ranpo invited. They played together and talked about random things. They were far from us so I never heard a thing. Someone called Kunikida. "Mission", he said. Tanizaki and Atsushi stood up. Kyouka was about to stand but Kunikida looked at her. "Stay here with Isana", Kunikida instructed. "I want to go with Nakajima-kun", she said. Atsushi flushed upon hearing his name. "Port Mafia is still in search of her", Kunikida reminded. "Uhmm... Izumi can go. I dont want to be a nuisance", Isana stood up and bowed. "You need protection. We dont know who will be coming next", Atsushi said with concern. "But you wont get anything from this", Isana raised her voice.

Yosano grabbed her collar and threw Isana at the sofa. "If we say we will protect you, we will. We dont need any reason", Yosano shot a glare and left. I checked on her and she was just lying down. "Princess, dont worry. It's our work to help those in need", I smiled down at her. She had worry written all over her face. "I'll keep her in my company so Kyouka-chan can go", I said. Tanizaki, Kyouka, Atsushi, and Kenji went for the mission. "Oi, Isana, we're not yet done", Ranpo called her. "It's clear that you are the winner", Isana sighed as she sat straight. "That's not good Isana. Even if there is just a slim opportunity, you have to fight till the very end", Ranpo gave a speech. I chuckled and watched the rest of the game. I am usually loud but I want to keep it low this time. Isana lost and I can see the frustration in her eyes. She's near at shedding a tear. Someone called Ranpo. "Work", he said and left the room. Isana looked around and bit her lips when she realized we're the only ones left. "Want to walk around?", I asked. She looked at me with confused eyes. "I am being target", she said. "Yeah", I said and stood up then opened the door. "You can trust me", I said then faced her.

Shopping Street

"Kunikida told me that your apartment was ransacked by the mafias. There werent much clothes to wear", I looked down at her and saw her pout.

I looked around and saw a fitting place for clothes

I looked around and saw a fitting place for clothes. "Let's go buy for your clothes", I said leading the way. "I still dont have money", she shyly said. "No worries, I'll pay for it", I said then entered the store. So many choices to pick. "Just take what you want. Should I help you?", I offered some help. "I'll pay you when I get my money", she flushed. Isana Fumio, 17 years old. Student. Emerald eyes. 5'3 feet.  That's all I know for now. "You've been staring, Osamu-san", she said while we are purchasing the clothes. "Dazai is fine", I smiled. "Can I go back to school? Heh...just kidding. I know I cant", Isana gave a weak smile. I didnt dare to answer since it's already clear.

I carried the shopping bag but before I could; she insisted of carrying it for almost an hour. She gave up and let me carry the bags. . We stopped by the fountain and sat for a while. I stretched my limbs. I havent slept well these days because of some mission. "What a good day to die with a young lady", I yawned and let out a book. Isana stared at it. "Want to learn some?", I asked her. She gave a fake smile and stood up. "I want to go out of the Agency", she said and I never responded.

"Shall we go back? I want to see if everyone is alright?", she requested. "Do you hate being with us?", I asked but still kept a smile in order not to scare her. She didnt answer. Was that a yes? I laughed. "Let's go back, Dazai-san", she repeated and we did.

Armed Detective Agency.

Tanizaki and Atsushi complained how Kyouka did the mission by herself. Ranpo still havent return. Yosano came back from refilling her mini surgery room with scary stuffs. I dont want to get injured. Kunikida accompanied the president so he's not here. "We're having lesser people now", I said as I sat on the sofa. "Welcome back, Isana, Dazai-san", Atsushi greeted. "We're back", I responded. "What did you do today?", Atsushi asked in curiosity. "We had a date", I teased. Atsushi had a poker face. "We just bought clothes", Isana answered.

My phone rang and I received a message. Time for me to move.

Author's Note:

Sleepy!!! Yawns