The wind rises

Genre: GenresDrama, Historical, Romance

Movie: Subbed/Dubbed

Summary: Before the Great Kanto Earthquake of 1923, before the great war that tore Japan asunder, Jirou Horikoshi lived in a world of dreams - dreams of flight, and dreams of making the world a better place.

Kaze Tachinu is the story of the man who created the Mitsubishi A6M Zero fighter, the most famous airplane in Japanese history. From his childhood in Fujioka, Jirou dreamed of designing flying machines like his hero, Italian aviation pioneer Giovanni Battista Caproni. Through disaster, romance, war and loss, Jirou continues to chase that dream - learning along the way that once released into the world, dreams can take on a very different shape.

Opinion: To be honest I did not like this movie. I hate to say that because it's a Studio Ghibli movie and all the ones I have seen so far I have enjoyed. However they added so many different story lines that they didn't really tie them all together. It got very confusing for both me and my mom.  If they stuck with just one or two ideas and tied it together it would have worked out better. Just the fact that it was hard to follow is the reason why I did not enjoy it. It seemed like they had really good ideas. I still recommend it especially for people who are trying to see all of the Studio Ghibli movies at least once. Maybe you will understand it and be able to enjoy it. Also the movie was at least 2 hours and 10 mins long probably.

Movie Trailer: