Chapter 39

A/N: Ok this is a super short chapter. But I've been working on a new story and since I know how this one will play out I kinda got wrapped up in the new one! I hope to post a chapter later today. It's Chris Evans, Elizabeth Olsen and maybe a little Tom Hiddleston. I hope if you're reading this you will check it out. ;)           And thank you for reading, voting and commenting! I appreciate it!

"You look good." Chris shuffled his feet finally breaking the awkward silence.

"Oh. Thanks." Belle fiddled with the sleeve of the hoodie she was wearing, HIS HOODIE.

"Nice shirt." Chris cracked a smile.

Belle looked down and started to blush. "If you want it back-"

"No. It looks better on you."

Belle gave him a small smile. "You've been here all weekend?"

Chris nodded. "Yeah. I mean I know Killen I was doing Matt a favor."

Belle laughed. "I'm sure he appreciates it. And I'm sure Killen did to." She looked down at the dog who was laying at her feet.

"I've missed him." Chris's eyes were burning a hole into Belle.

"He misses you to." Belle swallowed.

"How about you? Do you miss me?" Chris took a step closer to her.

Belle opened her mouth to say something but they were interrupted by Allie screeching and laughing loudly.

"I don't think I want to know what that was about." Belle widen her eyes and then laughed.

"I know these 2 huh?" Chris jerked his thumb back towards where Allie and Matt were. "Who would have thought?"

"I had an idea. Remember Match Maker!" She pointed at herself.

Chris laughed. "That's right. Credit where credit is due then." He pretended to bow to her.

"I guess we should get going....Allie!" Belle called.

Chris's shoulders slumped a little he didn't want her to go. Just being next to her he felt like he was able to breathe again.

"Ok, ok I'm coming." Allie and Matt rounded the corner joining Chris and Belle in the foyer. Matt was attempting to tickle Allie causing her to laugh and jump knocking Belle into Chris.

He reached out to steady her and he knew they both felt the jolt from the touch. Belle's dark eyes flashed to his and then quickly away.

"Sorry." Allie rolled her eyes still laughing. "Goodbye!" she playfully shoved Matt away.

"Bye." Belle said softly looking back to Chris.

He gave her a little wave and what could only be described as a sad smile.

That night Belle scrolled through her contactsstopping on Chris. With a few clicks she unblocked him. She couldn't get himout of her mind. She kept replaying their conversation in her head. Maybe she shouldtalk to him. Maybe now that she was feeling better she could be good for him.Shaking her head she set her phone on her nightstand and rolled over in attemptto fall asleep.