Chapter 35 - Too sweet.. overload!

I stood by my locker, talking to Natalie and Sheer and I couldn't help feeling happy this morning. I couldn't help how the smile never left my face, how extra nice I was being. It all started since yesterday. Of course, you know what happened. He popped the 'L' word and I could not have been happier. After he kissed me, I told him back and meant it. For my first time saying it out loud it sure felt natural rolling off of my tongue.

Today, he made me breakfast, which he has never done and I'd asked him if he thought that was going to get me to give in. He said he didn't think of it for a second. He said when it happens, I'll know. And after all, he told me he has to give me permission to say yes even though of course it's still up to me.

I popped my locker open and a smile graced my face.

"Is that a rose?" Natalie asked in awe.

I heard Sheer gasp. "He got you a rose? The bad boy has never gotten anyone a rose, Charm. He must really like you." she said.

I turned around and braced myself for her reaction from what I was about to tell her. I told them about him asking me out and my response, but I hadn't told them he told me he loves me. They must've noticed the creepy smile on my face because they were now both peering at me as if they're trying to read me.

"You're not telling us something." Natalie stated.

Sheer gasped. "Ohmigod! Did you and him frick frack?!" she exclaimed incredulously.

Natalie and I burst out laughing. "No," I said. "We did not frick frack."

"Then what are you not telling us?" she asked curiously.

I grinned maliciously, earning weird looks from them. "Well guys.. Heath Blank Cullen told me.." I trailed, playing with my nails. I was intentionally making them wait.

"He told you what, Charm? Don't make me get the buzzsaw." Sheer threatened.

"And I'll get my sharp fork." Natalie said. Sheer and I gave her a weird look right before she shrugged.

"Okay.. guys, last night.. Heath told me he loves me." I said, looking down at my hands. When I did look up though, Natalie and Sheer had a look of pure shock on their faces.

After a long, pregnant moment, Sheer finally spoke first.

"Oh. My. God." She breathed, bringing her tiny, evil fingers to her red stained lips.

"No way!" Natalie exclaimed, looking really excited.

"Way." I said, even though I still didn't believe it myself. After all of this time, after all of the waiting, after how low my confidence for him liking me back had decreased, he finally admitted his feelings to me. And boy did he make me feel loved. Even with the things he's doing now, I still feel that way.

"That is so cool!" Natalie voiced.

"How'd you react?" I couldn't deny the excitement in Sheer's voice.

I blushed. "At first when he told me, he didn't wait for me to answer back.. he just kissed me. But after that perfect kiss, we leaned our foreheads against each other's and I said it back. And I meant it." I said, my mind instantly replaying the scene in my head.

"Wow. I'm literally getting goosebumps! And I never get goosebumps." Sheer said, still excited.

I grinned. She was right. Sheer was never the girly type. Therefore, things like kissing and confessing your feelings to each other never got to her.

I sighed. "Last night could not have been better."

"This is what has you so happy and stuff. You're loved." Sheer's smile was so contagious.