Chapter 4 - Seniors Ditch Day, here we come!

I stared in bewilderment after Heath. What does he mean by he's intentionally failing Biology. Why would he intentionally fail Biology? I stood up, grabbed my laptop whilst cutting off the screen, grabbed the halfway empty bowl and left. My mind was in complete havoc and the thoughts just whirled around violently in my head.

I went into the kitchen and I placed the bowl down. I looked around and just then, my tummy decided to argue with me. I pulled my shirt up and looked at the flat, pierced body part. Okay, so maybe piercing my navel was another impulsive thing. But, you should know I was going through some things. I swear though, my mom is just like another teen to me. I respect her like the woman she is, but once you're around her when she's at home.. you'll totally see what I mean.

My mom is business savvy. Which is exactly why she's a personal assistant. She actually assists a famous football player. And yes guys, this is why she has opulence. I'll go out on the ledge and say my mom worked really hard. After the situation with my dad.. she kept working, day and night, for her and I. And, I couldn't appreciate her more than I already do. Knowing what she had to do for us to survive at a point of time brings tears to my eyes. My whole past brings tears to my eyes. But, I'm better now.. so much better and I will appreciate what I have.

✌ ♕ †

I heard my laptop make a chiming sound. I slid off of my bed and sat by the computer table where my laptop was. I pulled up my tab for Facebook and saw that I had a notification. I clicked on it and causing me groan in frustration, I looked at the invitation for Seniors Ditch Day.

Me? "Nerd"? Ditch school?

Ugh, God. I definitely sound like a nerd. I maneuvered my fingers on the laptop where the sensor for the mouse was, upward to where the word 'Decline' sat.

"If you decline that invitation to S.D.D, I will chap you." Sheer threatened, scaring the absolute bananas out of me. I spun around, clutching my chest.

"Sheer!" I exclaimed, trying to calm down. "Don't do that. You could've been the cause of my death." I said.

She gave me a bored look. "If you declined that invite I was still going to be the cause of your death, anyways." she shrugged.

I glared at my bestfriend. "Why accept an invite somewhere when I know I'm not going?" I asked.

She gave me that look. Which meant there was no point in arguing with her. "We are going and it's going to be fun." she said, pointedly.

I gave her a frustrated look. "Why would we be going to an event which means we duck school?" I asked.

She looked at me like I was going insane. "Oh my God, how'd we get friends? You are an absolute nerd, okay? Most of the staff usually knows about our ditch day. Mr.Lewinski even gave permission, we just call it ditch day 'cause we wanna seem badass. We're headed to the beach." she said, giving me a knowing look.

My eyes shot open. "Which beach?" I whined and she grinned.

"Oh, you know." she winked.

"Please Sheer, do not tell anyone that's mom's own." I begged and she waved it off.

"Do I look stupid to you?" she asked and as I was about to say something she cut me off. "Don't answer that," she shook her head violently, causing her hair to bounce crazily.

I shook my head and laughed at my bestfriend. "Sure, sure." I said and stood up. "I could use some coffee right about now." I looked knowingly at her.

She let out a very unattractive groan and plopped face down on my bed. "I don't wanna." she whined.

"Fine, you suck." I pouted and sat back down.