Chapter 16 - Hear me out..

I sat in my couch with my leg slung over Heath's own as we all watched Spongebob the movie. 'We all' being Sheer, Allan, Scott, Naomi, Heath, Helix, Dallas and I. I was looking around at all the couples around me and I was feeling kind of bad. You know, because I haven't had a boyfriend in a while and I like this boy who I'm not even sure likes me back. I'm sure you've had that feeling before. Isn't it annoying? I'm tired of the suspense. Suddenly, as if Heath read my mind, he said..

"Charm.. can I speak to you in the kitchen for a second?"

My ears perked right up, and my heart was beating fast now. I nodded and stood up, walking to the kitchen. I could hear him following behind me.

Finally!

"Charm, I want to ask you something.." he started. Yes? "Something I've been itching to ask you for a while now.." he continued. Yes! He sighed. "Here goes.. what happened between your dad, mom and you?" he asked.

Oh. My. God.. No!

I immediately tensed up at the mention of my dad. "Nothing," I quickly lied.

"I know you're lying, you know?" he said.

I shrugged. "Nothing is going on. Do you see anything going on? How do you even know about him? I never told you about him." I accused, slitting my eyes at him in the process.

"I just know, alright? And, I'd like to know why you were crying day before yesterday."

"I don't feel like talking about this right now. I seriously don't." I muttered, folding my arms.

"Well, you made me talk about my father, so now, I'm doing the same. It's only fair." he countered.

I rolled my eyes. "That's beside the point."

"No it's not. It's my point. You forced me into telling you why I was sleeping outside with Helix. And now, I'm forcing you to tell me why you cried for about five hours straight just by a phone call from your dad."

"How the hell do you know about him?!" I whisper slashed shrieked incredulously. He sighed and I looked at him harder, urging him to talk.

"My mom. She works at the asylum. I know about your dad. I know everything. It just would've been nice if you told me." he said.

I cocked my head to the side. Suddenly, I felt sick. I wanted to vomit, I was getting weak. As you can see, this is a very traumatic and sensitive topic for me. He just had to go and bring him up.

"You never told me about your mom." I switched the subject.

"I didn't need to.. because you never told me about your dad. Listen to me, my mom deals with him. I know about your dad. I know everything. He's saying you guys are shutting him out. Is that true?"

What the hell? How can he actually say that? Why the hell can dad say that.. after.. all of that?!

I looked at Heath like he'd grown four heads. I wasn't close to weak or sad anymore. What I'm feeling now just wasn't normal. I was infuriated, angry, frustrated! All these things at once. I don't know if I want to strangle dad or Heath right now, seriously.

"How the hell can you say that? We're shutting him out? No, like, for real? Seriously?! He shut his own self out, Heath! Do not come up in my family's business thinking you know everything. Because you don't!" I yelled at him.