Chapter 3: FaNiOn (Fact and Opinion)

FACT:

1. A fact is something that is empirically true and can be supported by evidence.

2. A fact can refer to verified information about past or present circumstances or events which are presented as objective reality.

3. Something known to exist or to have happened; something true or real.

Examples,

a. Dr. Jose P. Rizal is the author of Noli Me Tangere and El Filibusterismo.

b. Corazon C. Aquino was the first woman president in the Philippines.

c. Mt. Everest is the highest mountain in the world.

OPINION:

1. An opinion is a belief that may or may not be backed up with some types of evidence.

2. An opinion is normally a subjective statement that can be the result of an emotion or an individual interpretation of a fact.

3. A belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty or a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

Examples,

a. Gloria Macapagal Arroyo is the worst president the country has ever had.

b. Men are stronger than women.

c. Kris Aquino is the most popular actress in the country.

d. Computers are the best invention of all time.

References: www.http/.meaning.of.factandopinion.com

A/N: Don't forget to tap the star ⭐️ Button to Vote. Vote and Comments are highly appreciated 😀.
Enjoy!!!