Chapter 2: Aalamin "KoE" ito

Kinds of Editorials

1. Editorial of Information - it seeks to give information on facts of news stories or add other facts with minimum explanation. It may define terms, identify persons or factors or provide a background.

1.1 Informative - are those which just give information, review or announce certain facts or events.

2. Editorial of Interpretation - It explains the significance or meaning of the news event, current idea, condition, or situation, theory, or hypothesis. The writer doesn't argue not criticize, but merely present both sides of an issue and leaves the judgement to the reader. It merely interprets.

2.1 Interpretative - those which explain or bring out the significance of an event, situation or idea.

3. Editorial of Criticism - It points out the good or the bad features of the problem or situation mentioned in the news. Its purpose is to influence the reader. It suggest a solution at the end.

3.1 Editorials of Crusade and Reform - those which criticize certain condition, then suggest a solution or change; or which just give a message of reform without necessarily pointing out the problem or a bad condition.

4. Editorial of Commendation, Appreciation, or Tribute - It praises, commends, or pays tribute to a person or organization that has performed some worthwhile projects or deeds, or accomplishment.

4.1 Editorials that praise and commend - those that express appreciation for a worthy action.

5. Editorial of Entertainment - It evokes a smile, a chuckle, laughter, while suggesting truth. It's main aim is to entertain. It is usually short.

5.1 Editorials that Offer Entertainment - those which are written to give in a light vein, primarily to entertain readers.

6. Mood Editorial - It present a philosophy rather than an argument or an explanation. Oftentimes, the subject matter is nature or emotion.

7. Editorials on Special Occasions - those which are written to give meaning to occasions such as Christmas, Labor Day, heroes' birthday, and other significant events.

8. Editorial Liners - short, witty paragraphs, either serious or light.

References: www.http/. typesofeditorial.slideshare.com

A/N: Don't forget to tap the star ⭐️ Button to Vote. Vote and Comments are highly appreciated 😀.
Enjoy!!!