chapter 25

Jessie's P.O.V

"NATHAN?" I call as I enter the house.

Nothing, the whole house is silent. My heart drops and my only thoughts are 'I'm too late, they've come and taken him.'

The door bangs closed as Harry pushes it while i call out "NATE, YOU HERE?"

We walk towards the kitchen, as I turn the corner I see my brother. He's turned away from me and he looks tense. Slowly, I walk over to him and place my hand on his arm "Nathan, you okay?"

I peer round him to see what he's looking at and my heart stops in my chest. No, it's not my dad, or my mum, but it's someone almost as bad.

Dan is sat on one of the chairs by the table, looking smug despite the deep bruises all over his face. If I thought Nathan looked bad after their fight, Dan looks ten thousand times worse. I can't and don't want to hide the smile that is creeping at my lips, good he deserves it.

He see's me and his eyes light up. "Jessica, long time no see. We should really get together more, it's been ages since I last saw you."

I roll my eyes and scoff at him, who does he think he is?

"Why would I meet up with you when your in league with my father? Your such a creep Dan, why are you even here?" I reply bitterly.

He only smiles wider, amused by my reaction. "Well, I was just here delivering a letter to you kids, it's from your daddy. He knows how badly you want to see him."

Nathan begins to shake as Dan adresses me. His arms reach behind him and he pushes me so I'm out of sight, turning his head slightly to look at Harry, who takes the hint and pulls me back against his chest.

"Dan, you need to get the fuck out of our house right now before I kill you," Nate threatens. I have never hard him sound so angry, or serious in my whole life.

A light chuckle followed by the sound of a chair scraping is all I can hear. It frustrates me not being able to see over my brother's tall frame. He turns slightly as Dan walks towards him, watching as he walks up to me, ready to jump in at any second.

Dan's eyes flick to Harry and then shift down to his arms wrapped around me, I can see a slight frown forming on his forhead. "Oh, I see. You got yourself a boyfriend,good for you Jessica." He looks amused and a little annoyed.

His knee's bend so he's eye level with me and Harry's arms tighten, pulling me further into his chest. Dan doesn't seem to notice, he just leans forward and whispers "your daddy can't wait to see you, he's got something special planned for your future you know. Dom't worry, you'll be ruinited soon, actually he wants to see you sooner than you think."

With that, he stands back to his normal height and walk's towards the door calling over his shoulder "see you soon Jessie, we're gunna have so much fun."

I shiver in Harry's arms, turning to face him. His eyes are deep green and he's staring at the door like he wants to chase after Dan. Soflty, I wrap my arms around his waist. He looks down at me, his arms moving so they're wrapped around my waist aswell.

"I'm gunna keep you safe, I swear to you Jess, I will," he whispers to me with a small smile.

I nod and press my lips to his. The kiss is too short and we pull away too soon, aware of my brother's precence in the room. When we pull apart I turn my head slightly to look at Nate but he's sat at the table focused on a piece of paper. Lifting my head slightly, I stretch up on my toes and kiss Harry's cheek before pulling out of his grip to walk over to my brother.

"Is that the letter? The one Dan was talking about?" I ask him while I pull up a chair and motion for Harry to join us.

"Can I read it?" I ask as Harry settles into a chair beside me.