Chapter 60

Did you guys watch the royal wedding?

I slept through it and  expected to wake up to happy wedding vibes and some good memes but instead I woke up to racists talking shite about Meghan and the Santa Fe shooting.

Not to be political or anything, but I do feel that the school shootings are a problem that has gotten beyond politics and we really need to start tabling it for discussion or a lot of children are going to die. What do you guys think needs to be done about the school shooting problem in America?

I'm not American btw. I'm just a worried human. I have a lot of American friends and friends studying in America that I'm pretty scared for right now.

---------

Niall's hand felt like a dead fish closed around his. Clamy and now hot, the weather had gotten to him but his hand was the only thing that seemed to stop him from flying into a nervous rage.

Louis was on phone duty, he was trying to call both Harlen and Jessica phones but they kept going to voice mail.

His security kept telling him that that was good thing because at least it meant that they had their phones on them.

But godammit, GODAMMIT, the baby could be in danger. Who knew how long it could take Harlen to be in the mood to answer the phone.

And all that while they didn't know whether Jessica had gotten checked by a doctor.

The more that Harry thought about it the more he felt his nerves getting scorched with worry.

Liam who was on hospital duty was dutifully calling hospitals in the vicinity asking about the two girls. Jessica's mom, Miss Ramonov, had been instructed to play guard just in case they came back to the house.

The fervent tones of his friends was fraying him. Their concerned tones not mixing well with his guilt and worry.

Somehow he ended up on Google, searching up bleeding pregnant women. Bad move.

Endometriosis?

High blood pressure?

Miscarriage?

Danm. The car seemed even more cramped. The walls were closing in quick. Oxygen was hardly filling his lungs.

He felt himself start hyperventilating.

Niall having suffered from  claistaphoboa saw the signs from miles away. "Stop. Stop. Stop the car!"

Harry opened the door before the car came to a stop beside the  road. He was dry heaving, his stomach trying to get rid of the horrible feeling that has settled at the bottom of his stomach.

With nothing to upchuck, having had no breakfast at all, he slid down into the dust wanting just a minute to gather his wits. Niall threaded his fingers through his hair and forced his head between his legs. 

He wondered what they looked like to everyone walking by. Him hunched in the dirt like that and Niall kneeling beside him trailing his hand up and down his back and the boys milling about around him in worry.

They wouldn't find Jessica in time, he worried. He didn't want to but there was no other way but to get Him involved. 

It would arise too much suspicion from the boys but he would deal with that later.

"Could you give me a minute?" Harry asked them, his voice weak from everything. He felt like he had aged 50 years just in the last 3 hours. 

They murmured their assent but Niall didn't want to leave him and it took his mumbled assurance that he would be fine for him to get into the van with the the rest of the boys.