Chapter 59

Sorry for the absence, it was finals week. I kinds had to buckle down there and have what I call, crash study sessions. I was so not ready.

yway guys! Sooo I'm not a huge fan of 13 reasons why because it really didn't meet my expectations as a person that suffers from bouts of depression due to my anxiety but I could appreciate the good intention and the great actors. I didn't even finish the first season but I looooove the actors so much so, I might end up popping in here and there on the 2nd swason to support my boys and my girls.

I had promised to update yesterday but there were technical difficulties at my side. I won't make anymore promises just in case my network goes down again but I will try by all means to update soon.

And a bit of clarification, the readhead's name is Harlen and the pregnant gorls name is Jessica. I might have switched up their names on accident.
-----------

Harry crept out of the lightly scented room, his wits about him. Hackles raised as he silently listened to the silent house, trying by any means to catch any start sound.

He had been warned about ten minutes earlier that she was on her way back. But he decided to take his time making sure that everything was done correctly.

He had one shot at this.

He padded back to his room And went straight to his running gear. His muscles were in knots from the tension and he had hardly slept a wink the night before, but judging from the adrenaline coursing through his veins there wasn't going to be any napping.

He didn't bother turning on the lights, his eyes were fully adjusted to trenching through the better half of the house in darkness.

Within a records time he was dressed and making his way out of the house. It was a bit chilly from the nights cold air but the sun was rising from the east, slowly warming up the air.

By the time he got back he was pretty sure that it was going to be sweltering hot by then. 

Urging his mind to blank from its turmoil, Harry focused on his warm up exercises. He stretched his muscles preparing them for the workout he was about to give them.

He had had the brilliant idea of including some yoga poses into the warm ups. Niall used to love watching him do those. He would leer at him and wolf whistle everytime he did a stretch that exposed his butt to his pervy eyes. Harry smiled at that thought.

His favourite pose was the plough pose.

He liked it so much that he appointed himself as his yogi and worked hard at "instructing him" ... on that one pose only.

He him.

He missed them.

He missed how it was Niall and Harry. Together. Making plans around each other. Making time for one another. Coming back to each other and loving each other.

And no one knew how to love him like Niall did.

Harry sighed at the melancholy settling in. The knots that he had managed to loosen up with the stretches were getting knotted up once again.

He should have meditated before to calm his mind a bit. But it was too late now, he didn't want to disturb his his carefully crafted schedule. 

The sound of the automatic opening roused him and he looked up in time to see Harlen drift in clad in black. Her red hair barely visible beneath the hoodie.

"You are up early." He said casually enough. He continued with his stretches, paying her no mind.

"So are you. The impending doom of fatherhood keeping you up, huh?" The scant tone of derision evident in her speech and the saisfacyory smirk she didn't even bother to hide when she noted the shadows beneath his eyes.

"My mom told me impending parenthood does that to everyone. If it doesn't seem like doom then there's a nasty wake up call waiting waiting to happen, she said." He answered back good naturedly keeping the conversation going. He kept as much malice out of his voice as possible.

The whole situation was testament to his mum's great upbringing. Jessica could barely stay in the same room with Harlen. Much less her mum. It was too much for them; a mixture of disgust, betrayal and anger driving them out of the room the minute she walked in.

"Could you remind Jessica to take her medication after breakfast. I will be back in 30 minutes or so." Harry said rocking on the balls of his feet, hands around his waist and eyes already cast faraway as he tried to map the route he would take for his jog.

He wanted to avoid people at all cost, so taking the least known hiking path around the hills would be advisable. The view was scenic but it was a high incline and less populated and it would serve his purpose at that moment.

With a nod, Harry shot out of the gate like a bullet. He reveled in the heat that built in his calf muscles as he ran.  His breath came out hard as he started the tough incline of the hiking trail. His blood rushed around his ears, filling his head with a rhythmic pound of his feat and heartbeat.

For the first time in a long while there was silence in his head.

But that wouldn't last as he had come to expect.

When he rounded the corner of his street as he came back he slowed down into a cooling down trot, allowing his heart beat and breathing to slow down.

An ominous feeling kept up on him as he came to a stop in front of his gate. The house that used to be a safe haven stood ominously glaring down at him like his own personally designed monster.

A man passing by stared at him suspiciously and that finally urged him to enter the house no matter how much he just wanted to run away.

'He made his bed, now he had to lie in it.' He steeled himself.

"Oh thank god, you are back!" Jessica's mum basically flew down the stairs towards him."Jessica started bleeding when she woke up and I sent her straight to the hospital with Harlen and waited for you to come back. But they said they haven't arrived yet"

"What?! The Fuck? Harlen! Why would you send Harlen with her!?" Completely acting out on pure instinct Harry rushed upstairs to make sure they had left. 

The house was empty. Not a sign of them besides both their unmade beds. Harry called his security team and all the boys. He needed all the help he could get.

The boys came rushing as well as his mum and Gemm. He had briefed tyem on the situation through the phone.

Niall was the last to arrive. Shirt halfway undone, and hair unkempt. It was pretty evident he had just woken up.

The security detail paired them up into groups and sent them into search parties. They also put the police, fore department and near-by hospitals in alert.

All of them hurried and worried, the boys piled into the car keeping sharp eyes out for a red-head and a pregnant brunette.

'Christ, what was Harlen up to now?' Harry pulled at his hair in worry, but then cold smaller hands pulled at them making him release his locks.

Niall grasped Harry's hands in his, warming the hands that had gone cold.l from his run and sending him silent strength.

Harry held onto to Niall like it was dear life.