Chapter 23

Early next morning Harry found himself in Niall's tight, unforgiving grip. He knew it was his final stance, in trying​ to make him leave for France in the evening instead of in the morning.

The night before, after their glorious date, Niall not only tried took every opportunity presented to disrupt his packing but also tried to distract him by spontaneous heavy make-out sessions.

At one point point, one of his sneaky hands slithered down his pants but failed to reach their destination. Mostly because his jeans were too tight.

When that failed he tried reasoning. Niall reasoned that Harry didn't have to leave for France so early because they would start shooting like the following week.

Harry reasoned back that it wasn't about the logistics of when the shooting would start, but doing as he was instructed so as to give a good first impression.

When Niall realized that all that he was trying wasn't working, he decided that they both had to go to bed.

No, his opinion on the matter did not matter.

Nor did the fact that it was 9 pm in the evening.

Nor that he wasn't feeling sleepy.

So like a freaking rickety old couple in a freaking old age home, they went to sleep at 9 pm.

Thankfully all that work he had in the afternoon caught up with him and fell asleep without a problem.

Now five hours before he had to board his flight, he was fighting for his freedom.

To make it make it worse, somewhere during the night Niall ended up trapped beneath Niall's bulky frame. He had no idea that he was that heavy.

Using his feet, he did his heel into the bed, trying to use the leverage to topple Niall off him. It didn't work.

At that moment he caught the fluttering beneath Niall's closed eyes. The idiot was awake! "Niall get off me! I know you are awake!" He roared.

"No, I'm not." He fibbed, his eyes remaining tightly clasped closed.

"Oh yeah, you are so asleep that's why you can answer me." Rolling his eyes, Harry went back to bring to topple Niall off him.

"I travelled all the way from Dublin for you." Niall finally chose to get off of Harry.

Harry cupped Niall's cheek "I know the baby boy. I wish I could stay but I have to work."

The sunlight streaked through the room, illuminating the jumbled sheets and intertwined limbs in Harry's bed.

Though the disruptions and teasing were just in jest, Harry realized right then that there was subliminal sadness hidden in that playful glint in Niall's gaze.

"I know. I have to start going into the studio from next week too." Niall scooted closer to Harry, placing a chaste kiss on his forehead. Harry closed his eyes, savouring the feel of those lovely lips on him."I just wish I hadn't wasted time denying what I felt for you. We could have spent more time together."

"Even then Niall, I would still wouldn't want to leave. I always want to be with you."

Sighing deeply at their dilemma, Niall said, "Yeah. Me too."

"I promise to text you whenever I'm free."

"I don't doubt that you will." The taller lad leaned over a smiling Niall. His hair cascaded down in silky ropes of bountiful locks that made Niall release a find chortle that was filled with unmistakable fondness. He lifted his hand to push he hair out of Harry's eyes. Running his hand through the thick mass, he used his blunt nails to scratch his scalp lightly, enjoying the sight of Harry enjoying the sensation.