Chapter 48

So during the Xmas holiday, I got an opportunity to write an academic article for a journal. I did all the work which included doing research, referencing and minor editing. It really takes a   lot of desk research because I have to get my references approved and get permission to use certain brand names and yada yada yada. It's a lot of work. Unfortunately, the possibility of the article is being published is low because of some of the complication we ran into.The world of professional publishing left me feeling jaded. I was pretty angry for a while but oh well, life moves on. That's why I hadn't been updating the book.

------------------------------

A heavy weight on his chest woke him that next morning, not Harry or his new found archenemy, the eastern sunUntamed curls tickled his neck as he tilted his head to investigate. Harry had his headphones on, green eyes clear despite the post-drinking headache he probably had.

He kept gazing at him as he listened to the song playing but didn't make a move to say anything. Niall gazed back and didn't say anything either.

"Is this song about me?" Harry asked.

"Which song?" Niall asked back, though he knew what song Harry was talking about.

Harry pulled the headphones from the phone. 'This town' filled the quiet of their room. A mellow tone is accompanied by honeyed lyrics smoothly over slow strums of the guitar. Niall knew the familiarity of the song. His heart quickened at Harry's question and the ghost of the sweet memory that guided his hand as he wrote the song choked him a little bit.

He didn't knows why it. The reason he had let Harry listen to the song anyway was that he wanted him to understand his reasoning.

 Why he was trying to reason with a drunks mans Spanish inquisition, he hardly knews. But there they were.

"What do you think?" Niall shrugged the question away. His arm went around Harry's body. Feeling the coolness of his skin despite the sun that was bearing down on him. Niall hadn't realised until recently that Harry had freckles down his spin. One of his beloved past-time had become ghosting fingertips down his column, revelling in the light shivers that would rake his frame in the wake of the contact.

Even to himself, his sadistic ways were now undeniable. There was something about having power over Harry. He couldn't control the way he responded to Niall's touch even if he tried. "I think I'm the only one who has ever danced with you whilst the whole world was watching."

"Oh yeah? How do you know I'm not talking about someone else? Someone that I danced with before or after dancing with you?" Niall's mouthed quirked into a little smirk as he teased Harry. The answer was pretty obvious to both of them.  At this point, it was about hearing it from the horse's mouth.

"You have never gone public with any of your previous relationships so how could you have danced with them whilst the whole world was watching?" Harry asked with an arrogant tilt to his head. He looked the bit of an arrogant cat that he was.

"Well then. You have got it all figured out. I don't understand why you need me to give you answers." Niall tried to move from under Harry in act of nonchalance but the taller and much bulkier man was not having it. He dug his knees into Niall rendering him immobile and in pain.

"OW OW OW! Okay okay, I'm not going anywhere just stop, please." Shoving Harry of himself was impossible. He was a hard solid wall of determination that peered at him with a look of amusement. 

"Tell me what I want to hear, babe." Harry sing songed.

"Yes, good God, it's about you. Now get off me you pyscho." Light hands bated at the general direction of Harry. Harry caught hiss hand and kissed the inside of his palm. He settled his tush on Niall's torso.

"So, is the whole album about me?" The enthusiasm in Harry's voice was tangible.

"You are gonna wait like the rest of the world to get that answer. This song is being realised to day anyway so it wasn't a big deal to let you hear it." Niall said sternly.

"I let you hear the song that we have already recorded." Harry accused.

Niall sighed at the fight that was about to come. The album, just like Harrys album, was going to have 100% his input and personality in it. This was completely him. It was like he was baring himself to the world. It was like strolling in the street butt naked for everyone to judge. He was most nervous about what his boyfriend would say. He was after all one of the major inspiration of some of the songs.

"Let's strike a deal then." Niall finally said." I will let you listen to the whole album if ..."

"If what?" Harry cocked his head to the side.  With the way the sun was blaring down on them it looked like slits of jade framed by long eyelashes were glaring at him.

"If you let me top when we have sex next time." Niall wagged his eyebrows saliciously at Harry. He didn't know whether Harry's want to hear the full album would take priority over his fear of bottoming, but hey, either way, he would win.

"That's not okay!" Harry whined. His voice went deeper and drew out the last syllables in a long whine." You are literally using my fear against me."

"Yep. All fair in love baby." Niall smiled dangerously up at Harold.

Harr's countenace hardened at the prospect of this challenge. 'Shit, I didnt think this through,' Harry panicked. He hastily scrabbled his brain for a change of topic.

"Why were you on about babies when you were drnk yesterday?" Niall asked hoping to distract Harry. It seemed to work to because the frown that etched on Harry's face was devoid of the earlier hardness.

"I just ... I dot know, I guess it was a combination of the song plus I had talked to Sarah..."

Niall interuupted Harry." Who is Sarah?"

"She's my drummer. Her and Clare, are gonna come a week or so to record the songs live for the movie thingy that Im doing for the album." Harry explained patiently despite him mentioning all this to Niall in a previous converstaion.

" Oh right. You mentioned that before. I think I will be gone by the time they come." Niall said abset mindedly.

"What! Why?" Harry asked indigantly.

"When I release This Town, which is being done today actually, I will have to go for promo for the album before my other singles are out. You know the drill." Niall nudged Harry with his knee.

"Yeah. Yeah. I do." Harry pouted.

"Go on with your explanation." Niall urged on softly.

"Sarah had been taking care of her nieces that's why she couldn't come early like the boys. And ya know baby fever got me good. Every time we skyped to get some work done there was a toddler perched nearby and it just got me thinking, I guess." Harry explained. There was faraway look in his eyes though that made Niall doubt that that's all it was. Ther was more to this.

"That was all? Just baby fever?" Niall asked lightly to not make him feel pressured to reveal what was going on with him. He really would have loved to know but only if he was ready to tell him. The worst thing he could for his partner was to force them to reveal their inner turmoils why weren't ready.

Harry went quiet for a while. Niall could literally hear his thoughts racing."Yeah." He sighed heavily after a short while."

"You know I might not understand nor will I be able to solve most of your problems but you can talk to me ya know," Niall said softly and seriously. He wrapped a short curl around his fingers and watched as it went boinged when he let go.

"Yeah, I know. It will be fine. I will fix it." Harry said a little bit sad."You will always love me right

"Niall tried to question where that had come from but he vulnerability in Harry's eyes had him say, "I always will love you, Harry. I love you so much." Harry stooped down for a slow sweet kiss that had him curling his toes in anticipation.

-------------

Ya know what coming next! Bow Chica wow wow!