Chapter 42

Harry sat beside Bobby and Niall by the tree behind Niall's house. They had been there since morning and a little bit of sun had broken through the grey clouds. After an hour had passed by they would all move inches to the left trying to avoid sitting in the shade that the tree cast.

Harry was fixated watching Horan senior and junior. His legs propped on the cooler with their alcohol since he had a chair not a chaise like the other two. His left-hand loosely wrapped around a cold glass bottle of apple flying fish beer that Niall had thoughtfully reminded his cousin to get. A drop of water slid down the bottle onto Harry's knuckles, but he didn't even move. He was too enthralled by how in sync father and son where.

Horan senior and Horan junior both lifted up their bud lite to their lips and took long drawls of their beer like true Irish men. Niall's long pull of beer was trying to quench a thirst that had been caused by his nervousness. Bobby's was one of an old man that was a young heart who didn't know when to quit.

The bottles hit the holders at the same time and two pairs of blue eyes automatically turned to meet his when they felt his gaze on them.

"Did I tell you about the time I saw the loch ness monster, 'Arry?" Bobby started, the beer had fully saturated his bloodstream and he had a good buzz going on making him lose lipped.

"Da'  yes you told him and I already told him that you were lying," Niall interjected before Boddy could go off about his most favourite story that he swore on the moon and on the depth of hell was true. Niall would roll his eyes when he said that.

"'Da ....everyone knows it was trash floating in the lake," Niall said. Bobby grunted, completely shut down when that piece of information, that Niall was very liberal about telling,  was said. Father and offspring went for another long drawl of beer simultaneously again.

The quiet of the night was cut off by the loud music suddenly puncturing the air. Harry looked back to see the catering company setting up the buffet as Niall had instructed. They could distinctly make out the bodies of Niall's family writing, jiving and being jovial on the makeshift dancefloor through the glass sliding door.

The sliding door opened again and the music punctured the air once more as more waiters came out with food and silver platters.

Niall, Harry and Bobby had escaped after the spontaneous twerking from aunt Gertrude, who probably didn't know what the hell she was doing.  The kids had been given toys, entertainment in the form of Peppa pig snacks and chaperone in the other living room upstairs.

It was very evident that they were all having the time of their lives. Well, Niall was glad that at least someone was having fun.

Sensing Niall's irritable mood, Harry tried to meet Niall's gaze over Bobby's greying head but Niall was too busy fuming to notice. Bobby's upturned his head and guzzled the rest of the beer that was at the bottom. Once finished he smacked his lips in satisfaction whilst perusing an appreciative gaze on the now empty bottle." That was a damn good beer."

"Bobby has the bouncy castle arrived yet? Theo said he was really looking forward to it," Knowing the man's love for the little toddler, Harry played on that hoping that he gets distracted by the bouncy castle issue.

"Oh yeah. I had completely forgotten about that. Denise said it had arrived. Well, better go and set it up. We can't have a disappointed grandson, now can we?" Bobby smacked his hands together and rubbed them before getting up to see to the matter.

Harry took Bobby's seat and dragged it close to Niall. He threads his hands into Niall's hair, contemplating on how to calm him down. "My writing team and band have been successfully assembled, have I told you?"