Chapter 16

I think you are one of the first people that voted and commented on my story. I just wanted to say Thank you. I hadn't even realized that I had not thanked you yet. Argh I'm horrible! justxnarryx

------------------

"Geez harry, we shouldn't have done that to her!" Niall tried to feel sorry for the woman but he couldn't keep the amused smile creeping up on his face as Harry and he raced down the well lit street. There was no soul in the neighborhood as it was already well into the night and the crisp fresh smell of rain hung in the air, signifying it was about to start pouring very soon.

"Please Niall! That woman spells trouble!" Harry screamed back at him as he took an abrupt turn into a little path that was between two houses.

"You knew that and you still dared me to buy her those snails!" Niall responded as they jogged to a more relaxed pace once they were out of the streets.

"Yeah but that's all, you didn't have to flirt with her and tell her that you were into girls that ate snails."

At that Harry and Niall burst out laughing at the ridiculous events that happened that night. The dinner took an impossible turn when their food arrived. Harry kept sending Niall a smug look all throughout dinner. The only saving grace that Niall got was that the snails took a long time to prepare and arrived way after they were both done eating.  Niall was contemplating making a run for it.

Harry sat back and waited for Niall's move. He really wanted to see how the Irish lad was going to get out of this one. Niall, sensing Harry's challenge, motioned for the woman by the bar to join them. She downed the drink that she had in her hand and sauntered her way over to them. For some reason every lighting in the room did that cliché movie thing and centered on her.

She was truly beautiful. With red hair styled elegantly and settled down her exposed shoulders and alabaster skin that made the hip hugging dress she was wearing stand out. Her full lips were painted in a provocative red and the slit that reached her thigh showed her shapely leg. But it was all too perfect.

She looked too much like an engineered man fantasy. Everything a man could ever want in a woman, she had. But her feel was all wrong. So was her face.

Her eyes were beautiful, a light blue that was very pale. But they showed no emotion. There was no warmth, no recognition. Just bottomless pools of nothingness. Her face was perfect symmetrical and not a wrinkle in sight. No laugh lines. No worry lines. Just smooth skin.

Flawless.

But no human was flawless.

There is usually something that gives a person away to their humanity; Bags under the eyes, creases, freckles, natural highlight or a natural tan from spending too much time in the outdoors. That's what made us relate to other humans so easily. Those signs showed us that we were all imperfect and that we were human.

She seemed way too much like a doll. A perfect collector's item porcelain doll that was groomed and well kept to never be touched by the hands of time or by imperfection.

And she seemed cold.

When she finally danced to a stop in front of them, Niall decided he was wrong. Her eyes did hold something, a predatory gleam in that made a shiver run up his spine.

Niall proceeded to give her the snails and she took a seat beside them though neither of them had invited her to. Niall had no idea what prompted him to tell her that he found girls eating snails sexy. From them onward things progressively went downhill. Niall and Harry had to tag team in order to handle her. She was a natural master at flirting and getting what she wanted. And she wanted was, not only Niall, but both Niall and Harry  to take her home for a night of fun.