Chapter 23

Blair's P. O. V.

A bunch of us are out to eat together and Jenny met us here. And of course her and Jake end up sitting by Max and I.

Jenny grins, "Guys! We set a date! 3 weeks from today!"

My eyes pop out of my head, "3 weeks! That's so soon"

Jenny nods, "I know! We couldn't wait. We just want to be married!"

I look down at my plate but then Jenny says, "Blair, will you be my bridesmaid?"

My eyes shoot to hers and everyone, including Jake, is looking at me with big eyes. I clear my throat, "Jenny, i'm so sorry but I don't think that's a good idea"

Jenny waves me off, "Blair, I overreacted when I found out about you and Jake. But it's over now, obviously! Please, it would mean so much to the both of us"

I sigh, "Okay, Jenny. "

She claps her hands, "Yay! It's going to be so perfect"

We all go back to our normal conversations. Chris says, "So Max, how are you and Blair?"

I grin as Max lays his arm across my shoulders, kissing my head, "We're perfect. She met my family last week. And they loved her! "

"Man that's so great"

I smile and look at Max, "They were so kind to me"

He pecks my lips then smiles at Chris, "They kept asking her if she was sure she wanted to be with me. They think she's out of my league"

"She is"

We all look at Jake in shock. He looks like he can't believe he said that. He shrugs, "What? She's out of everyone's league"

Jenny looks down and she doesn't look happy. Max forces out a laugh, trying to ease the tension, "You're right, Jake"

After that , we all eat in silence for a bit. Knowing that everyone feels super awkward.

***

It's wedding day. I can't believe this day is actually here. This past week has been hard for me, being involved in all the wedding festivities. But today is obviously going to be the hardest.

Jenny picked out a gorgeous green long dress for me. It's beautiful. And being honest, Jenny looks beautiful.

I haven't seen Jake today but his groomsmen are Max, Maxi, Jesse, Chris, Harrison and Hoppo. I'm in a room with Jenny and her other bridesmaids. I'm sitting in a chair, just watching everyone around me.

I stand up and decide to leave the room. I just want to be alone for a bit. I'm walking down the hallway when I see an open door and see all the guys in the room.

I knock so they all look at me. I smile, "Hi guys. Aren't you all looking dapper"

I walk further into the room and Max walks over to me. He grabs my waist and kisses me, "You're stunning"

"Yeah Blair, it's not fair to upstage the bride on her wedding day! No offense Jake"

Jake chuckles, "Don't worry about it"

I smile, "Thanks guys. You're so sweet. "

I walk over to Jake and pull him into a hug. I pull away and fix his tie. I set my hands on his chest. We just look at each other and tears start to prick my eyes. I clear my throat, "You look so handsome"

It's embarrassing because I know I sound and look like i'm about to cry. Jake has a pained expression on his face, "Thank you, Blair"

I take a step back and quickly say, "I'll see you in the chapel"

I rush out of the room, trying to calm myself down. I can't believe this is really happening.

***

Max and I link arms and we start walking down the aisle. Jake and I are looking at each other the whole time.

Then it's time for Jenny. Everyone stands and the doors open. Jenny is there with her father and she looks beautiful. She starts to walk down the aisle.

The wedding starts and Jake goes to say his voice, "I, Jake, take you, Blair-"

I hear a collective gasp in the room. Jake, who is facing me, looks at me in shock as he continues, "I mean, uh, Jenny"

The rest of the wedding goes fine and now we're at the reception. Max looks at me at the table, "I can't believe that happened!"

I shake my head, "Me neither"

The other guys come to the table and sit down. Hoppo kisses me cheek then sits next to me, on the side that Max isn't sitting on. Maxi raises his brows, "That was pretty crazy, right?"

I nod, "I cant even imagine how Jenny feels"

Hoppo sighs, "Well none of us blame Jake because he's obviously in love with you. I mean, let's be real, who isn't?"

"You're still in love with her, mate?"

Hoppo shrugs, "Of course. "

He turns and looks at me, smiling. I smile back, squeezing his shoulder. When we finish eating, Jenny and Jake have their first dance then the dance floor is opened. Max grabs my hand, "Let's dance"

I grin and follow him onto the dance floor. He pulls me close as a slow song comes on, "You're so beautiful"

I grin and peck his lips, "Thank you. "

When the song ends, Jake grabs me before I can leave the dance floor, "Blair, dance with me"

I nod and we start to dance but suddenly Jenny is standing there. She crosses her arms, "You're kidding me, right? You're slow dancing with the woman whose name you called me at OUR wedding. "

I quickly remove my arms from Jake, "I am so sorry. I honestly think it would be best if I just left"

Jake reaches out for me, "No, Blair-"

"Yeah, I think that would be a good idea."

Jake and I look at Jenny in shock as she frowns at me. Jake says, "Jenny, that's really mean-"

"No, Jake. It's fine"

I wipe a tear that escaped my eyes. I smile at them, "Congratulations, guys. I hope you're happy together"

Then I basically run out of the reception.