Chapter 5

Blair's P. O. V.

"Hey Blair, Jake is going out on the jet ski. Why don't you go out with him?"

I nod, "Okay, yeah, sure. "

I watch as Max looks concerned. I grab the wetsuit and put it on, jogging down to where Jake is unloading the jet ski. He gets on and says, "Let's go B!"

I get on the back and wrap my arms around him as we take off. We get out to a group of swimmer who are struggling to stay afloat. We get them on the back raft and bring them back to shore, safely.

When we get done, Jake and I put the jet ski back into the garage under the tower. Jake smiles at me, "Another successful jet ski ride for us"

I laugh, "I know. It just gets better and better. "

I start to walk out but Jake grabs my hand, pulling me back in. "Blair, wait. "

I furrow my brows, "What is it?"

Jake wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me up against him. I look at him, shocked, "Jake? What are you doing?"

Jake's eyes roam my face, "I like you. You're incredibly beautiful and I cant stop myself anymore. "

He lightly presses his lips against mine. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me. He grips my face tightly as we kiss. I pull away, breathing heavy.

He smiles and runs his fingers across my cheek, "I've wanted to do that for awhile"

I laugh, "Me too"

I bite my lip, "I should get back up. "

He nods, "Of course. "

I quickly jog back up into the tower. Max turns and looks at me, "How was it?"

I smile as I sit next to him, "It went great. "

Max sets his hand on my back, "I'm glad. "

We continue to watch the beach for the day until it's 7. Max stands up, "Shockingly, I think we're getting out on time"

Jesse rolls his eyes, "Max, mate, don't jinx it!"

I'm sitting in the chair still looking out at the beach when I feel two hands land on my shoulders. I look up to see Jake.

I smile as he jokingly shakes his head, making water fall on me. I reach up, grabbing his head and stopping him, "Quit it!"

Jake laughs, "What are you complaining about? You just got off the ski. You're soaking wet too"

I laugh back, "You're right."

Jake then plops down in the seat next to me, smirking, "I'm usually right"

I roll my eyes, "Oh whatever. "

"Blair?"

I turn in the chair and see Sophia standing there. I grin, "Hey Soph! What are you doing here?"

Sophia laughs, "I wanted to come see what all the hype was about!"

I laugh and say, "Well the day is almost over, Soph!"

She frowns, "Oh dang. I should've come earlier. But i've been meeting with the wedding planner all day."

I nod, "How did it go?"

She grins, "Great! I can't believe the guys get here tomorrow!"

Her fiancé and his best man get here tomorrow. It's just the four of us for the wedding party.

"Oi, we all need to go out and celebrate when they get here!"

I grin at Jake, "Yes! We definitely have to do that!"

I look back at Sophia and she gives me a look, her eyebrow raised. And I know what she's trying to say to me.

She says, "Well i'll wait for you to come back to the hotel? But don't take long because I have to meet with the caterers in like 10 minutes!"

Jake quickly says, "Uh, Sophia, you can just go ahead on to your appointment! I'll give you a ride, if you're okay with that, B?"

I smile and nod, "Yeah, thanks Jake! Sophia, i'll see you back at the hotel later?"

She smirks at me, "Yeah, sure"

She leaves and Jake says, "Well i'm going to do one more go round in the rhino. Come with me Blair"

I nod and follow him outside. When we get outside the tower, it's super windy and is starting to get dark like it's going to storm. Jake quickly hands me his sweatshirt, "Here, wear this"

I smile thankfully at him and pull on his sweatshirt. We get in the rhino and start to go up and down the beach.

When we're done and the boys are putting the flags away, Jake says, "Are you ready to go?"

I nod, "Let me grab my phone up in the tower"

Jake and I jog up to the tower, grabbing our things. Max quickly says, "Oi! I'll see you tomorrow Blair?"

I smile and wave, "See you you tomorrow, Max!"

Jake sets his hand on the small of my back as we leave the tower. I follow him to his car and get in. He starts driving and says, "Want to stop for dinner?"

I smile, "Yes, sure"

We stop at a small cafe and get a table. Jake looks at me, "So how much longer are you here for?"

I bite my lip and lean on my hand, "I'm not sure. I've kicked around the possibility of moving here"

"Really? You should definitely do that! That would be awesome!"

I grin, "Oh yeah? Would you be happy if I stayed?"

Jake nods, "I would, yeah"

I am kind of surprised at his honesty but I like it. We get our food and continue to talk.

"How are your scrapes going? From our first ski run together?"

I laugh, "Oh they're totally fine. Healing up nicely. "

Jake nods, "Good. When I saw you so scraped up, it freaked me out! I thought you were badly injured. "

I wave him off, "No, all good here. "

***

Jake and I ended up sitting in the cafe for 3 hours talking and laughing. And we've finally just arrived at the hotel. Jake pulls into a parking spot and looks at me, "Thanks for letting me have you to myself for a few hours"

I laugh, "Thank you for dinner. I had a great time"

"So did I"

After that, we just look at each other for awhile. Jake reaches across and grabs my neck, pulling me towards him. Our lips connect as we start making out. Pretty intensely too.

Eventually I pull away, catching my breath. Jake pecks my lips one more time before sitting back in his seat. I smile at him, "I'll see you tomorrow?"

He nods, "Will you be there in the morning?"

I shake my head, "No, Sophia's fiancé and best man are getting here in the morning. But we'll probably come and surf a bit before evening. Then we'll all go out!"

Jake nods, "Alright well I'll see you tomorrow then"

I smile and get out of the car, "Bye Jake"