Chapter 3

Blair's P. O. V.

"Jake, you need to take the ski out! A fishing boat capsized down around ben buckler and there are two men sitting on top of the hull of the boat. Oi, and take Blair with you! "

I grab a wetsuit and put it on, running down to the beach as Jake is putting the jet ski in the water. Max rides over in the Rhino, "Woah, Blair, what's going on?"

I help Jake push it into the water as I yell, "There's a capsized fishing boat. Your boss said I could go with Jake. "

Jake gets on the ski and I hop onto the back sled and we take off for the boat. Jake yells back to me, "Do you see it?"

I don't respond right away as I look. Then i yell, "Yeah there it is! Straight ahead!"

He sees it and we speed over there. He says, "I'm going to get you close then you're going to jump off and help the first guy on. I cant get too close or i'll hit the boat. "

"Okay!"

"Alright go!"

I jump off the ski and swim as fast as I can to the boat. I grab one of the guys and help him swim to the ski then I push him up onto the sled. Jake yells, "Go back and wait with the other guy! I'll come back!"

I swim back and get on top of the boat with the other man, "Are you alright?"

"Yes, i'm just cut up"

I look down and realize i'm cut up now too. The boat is covered in barnacles. 5-10 minutes later, I see Jake approaching. He gets as close as he can so I help the other guy off the boat and onto the mat. Then I climb on the ski, hugging my arms around Jake's waist.

We get to shore and the two men are immediately taken by the ambulance. We get the ski put away then Jake looks at me, "Great job- oh my gosh. You're all cut up"

I look down and see my whole stomach and left leg and arm are covered in cuts and blood. I shrug, "It's okay. "

Jake grabs my hand and helps me upstairs into the tower, "Cmon, i'll help you. "

He makes me sit on this bed while he cleans up my wounds. He's cleaning off my bloody stomach when Max walks in. He looks confused at first, "Blair? What's going on?"

Jake moves out of the way so Max finally sees all my cuts, "Oh my gosh. Blair, what happened?"

I wave him off, "I just got cut up when I was doing the rescue. "

Jake laughs, "And a hell of a job she did. She's a natural, mate. "

I smile at him, "You were great too!"

Max clears his throat, "Blair, maybe you should call it a day?"

I laugh, "No way. I'm fine!"

Jake wraps some bandages around my stomach then hands me his lifeguard shirt, "Here, put this on"

I don't even try to fight it. I just put it on. I grab his hand in mine, "Thank you"

He smiles, "Of course. "

I stand up and Max pulls me into a hug, "I'm glad you're okay."

I pull away and set my hand on his cheek, smiling at him, "Thank you. Me too. "

He smiles at me and he's seriously so adorable.