14: Battle

Karma could tell the moment he saw Nagisa jump down from the ceiling and fall directly on Takaoka he was done messing around. Nagisa had strategically jumped so that he could slam Takaoka to the ground and break his nose under his foot, which Nagisa immediately accomplished.

Wasting no time, Nagisa sent a powerful kick to Takaoka's ribs, sadistically smiling at the cracking sound coming from about two of them. Takaoka pushed against the ground to get to a standing position, but the instant his head was off the ground a foot slammed on his neck and forced him back down.

Takaoka stretched his hand out to grab Nagisa and try and flip him, but Nagisa took a knife from his pocket and threw it into Takaoka's hand, earning a repressed scream to come from his lips.

"You fucked up choosing this place for our fight, sensei~ You see, you already know what happened here, and that means none of my classmates would want to come back. The perfect place to store weapons in case I was attacked while reminiscing at the classroom or training in the woods~ I have weapons hidden in every corner, and there are plenty of them up in rafters. Guess I was one step ahead, ne?" Nagisa taunted as he leaned down to mockingly press the knife deeper into Takaoka's hand, nearly pinning him to the ground with it. Nagisa had targeted the exact middle of his former-teacher's hand, a place where there would be no bones in the way of the blade.

Takaoka grunted in pain as Nagisa twisted the knife from side to side in the wound before suddenly taking it out and jumping backwards a fair distance. Takaoka weakly pushed himself up before he heard a clanging and saw the knife stained with his own blood at his feet, Nagisa already holding a new blade- one identical to the one Takaoka had near him.

"Come now, you gave me this privilege, let's fight on even terms. And then I can crush you with everything I've got."

Takaoka shuddered at the dark, bloodlust-infused words that spilled from Nagisa's lips, a small spark of fear making its way through his veins as though it had been injected into his bloodstream.

Nagisa didn't wait for Takaoka to pick up the knife before running at the man and flipping over him, only to kick off his back and force him to fall forward. Takaoka yelped as his body weight was forced onto his wrists after he placed his hands out to catch himself. He regrouped as fast as he could and rolled onto his back and grabbed the knife, just in time to block Nagisa's knife from slamming down onto his neck.

Even though Nagisa had gotten stronger over the years, it appeared that Takaoka still had the win in that category, shown by how Takaoka was able to push Nagisa off of him with moderate ease.

Nagisa cursed his tiny figure for a moment before getting back into battle position, ready for Takaoka to strike.

Takaoka stood in ready position as well, and merely watched Nagisa, not making a move.

Then he started talking.

"How long are you going to draw this out Nagisa! You know you can't beat me! Even with these wounds I'm a trained elite! And what are you? A school brat who just couldn't let go of killing!"

"I don't care what I have to do motherfucker! If I die I don't care, as long as my family is safe!" Nagisa yelled at the top of his lungs.

Takaoka laughed.

"You see that box over there? The one I have your so-called family helplessly trapped in? It's air tight! The longer you draw this out and refuse to admit defeat the less and less oxygen they'll have~ And those chains holding up Akabane will never snap- I can't say the same about his wrists though."

Nagisa hissed.

"You know, I was going to let you off with mere external torture, but I've thought of something better."

Nagisa plunged his fangs into his own wrist.