4: One Month

"Do you have an answer now?"  

Nagisa nodded, teary eyed.

"Yes."

"Yes as in you'll stay?" Karma smiled lightly as he pleaded.

"It's just... if I do I know Silver-sensei will send people to get me back. I don't want to be constantly fighting over and over again just putting you in danger." Nagisa admitted his worries and his eyes faded from bloodlust.

"You won't have to fight. Give it a month, if I can't get rid of the assassins coming after you or if you have to step in you can go and I won't follow. Deal?" Karma put out his hand and dreaded the silence that followed.

Nagisa ignored Karma's hand and ran to hug the taller teen.

"Deal."

Karma broke out into a large smile as he held Nagisa like he was about to vanish.

"Karma-kun I'll tak-Nagisa-kun!" Hayami came out to switch with Karma to see Nagisa locked in Karma's arms. Karma turned Nagisa slightly away from Hayami on instinct, but realized who she was and allowed Nagisa to go to her.

"Hello, Hayami-chan." Nagisa turned to her, smiling lightly. Hayami gasped as she saw his scales.

"What happen to your neck?" She asked. Nagisa looked down and realized she meant his scales. Nagisa let out a low chuckle.

"Oh, those, I've had those since 3rd year. I hid them with concealer back then."

"Only your mom, dad, Kayano-chan, Rio and I knew about them." Karma quirked. "Speaking of Rio and Kayano-chan..."

Kayano and Nakamura came out of the room to see Nagisa, who's eyes went cold when he saw Kayano.

"Yukimura-chan. Been a while." He hissed at her.

Kayano burst into soft tears. "P-Please... it's still Kayano Kaede... I'm still the same person you knew. I was just clouded with revenge back then. I'm sorry I ever lied to you." She pleaded.

Nagisa glared at her.

"She's telling the truth Nagisa, she really is sorry." Nakamura came to Kayano's side, and Nagisa let out a sigh.

"Alright, Kayano-chan. But I'm not ready to fully forgive you." His icy eyes calmed.

"I didn't expect you to. I'm sorry Nagisa-kun." Kayano looked down in shame.

"I assume you're only here for protection from me. You don't need to worry, I'm not going to kill you anymore." Nagisa said coldly. Kayano nodded sadly and left without a goodbye.

"That was a little harsh, Nagisa...-kun." Nakamura added on. Nagisa smiled up at her.

"No need, Rio. I'm still willing to reconnect with you just like we used to be. I'm only mad at Kayano-chan since she lied to me about everything. You didn't lie."

Nakamura sighed, but took it. "Alright Nagisa. Come on Hayami-chan, let's leave these two lovebirds alone~." She teased as she drug Hayami away from Karma's house.

"Now that they're gone... want to pick up where we left off?" Karma ran his fingers tenderly over Nagisa's scales, sending chills of pleasure down the assassin's spine.

"Still remember what I like, don't you~." Nagisa taunted.

"I never forgot." Karma kissed Nagisa's neck as he led him towards his large room.

Once they were inside, Karma addressed the boy beside him.

"So, you could either stay here, or I could bring you to a guest room." Karma offered.

"I'll stay with you." Nagisa leaned on Karma, who draped an arm around the warmth-less teen next to him.

"I'd definitely like that." Karma took Nagisa's hands and brought him to the bed, where he threw him down and curled up next to him.

"It's late. Let's go to sleep." Karma mumbled into Nagisa's back as he hugged the boy.

"You don't seem that tired." Nagisa turned over to face Karma.

"Mnh, just a little insomnia." Karma shook his head.

"Want me to put you to sleep?" Nagisa offered.

"How?" Karma cocked his head slightly.

Nagisa brought their lips into a kiss and punctured Karma's bottom lip with one of his sharp fangs.

Karma felt the world around him start to fade.

"Don't worry, I've mastered administering the poison. It's just going to knock you out for a few hours, no death involved this time." Nagisa's smile was all Karma saw before everything went black.

When Karma awoke, the sun was shining on his face through one of the windows, and Nagisa was still fast asleep in his arms.

Karma smiled down at the bluenette and softly kissed his forehead before snuggling back under his covers.