18: Slithering Blood

"Is there something you needed, Karma-kun?" A purple-haired female said, slight worry laced in her tone. Karma looked at the AI, concern plastered on his face. Karma never really trusted the girl, with her abilities easily making her dangerous, and not to mention that he couldn't understand her role as part of the assassination team after she gained her own will. It wasn't as if he didn't respect her, he just couldn't comprehend her humanoid personality seeing as she was, and always would be, artificial.

But even if Karma didn't fully trust her, he knew Nagisa did, and she was their best bet on getting him back.

Looking at his phone, the redhead sighed as he nodded, looking over the girl once more. She still had her signature purple hair in two parts, though they were much shorter than before and had begun turning slightly pink at the ends. Her face was also formed into something more defined, giving her an older look while still remaining its youth.

"Yeah, I was wondering if you could do a favor for me." Karma drawled, his face sagged slightly from tiredness. When the gas had worn off, he had immediately started trying to figure out the puzzle that seemed almost impossible to him, calling Irina and Karasuma and hollering his confusion and frustration at fast paced speeds with half the words being total gibberish. Needless to say, they couldn't understand much more than the words of "Gas," "Nagisa," and "kidnapped," but they needed no more to get up and get over as fast as they could.

"Sure thing! What was it that you needed help with?" She said cheerfully, unaware of just how dire the situation was.

"It's... Nagisa." He said, rubbing his face with his free hand, his eyes barely staying open.

Her face turned serious, a saddened look in her bright eyes. "I see... Is there something wrong with your relationship?" Karma sighed for the upteemth time, shaking his head. "No, it's not that. I think something happened, though I can't say for sure."

Ritsu frowned. "Well, what does Nagisa-kun have to do with this?" She crossed her virtual arms, her face composed into confusion.

"Well, when I woke up, Nagisa was nowhere to be found. He left his phone too, which he never does so he can contact me even on an assassination (which he did go out and do one night for fun.)" She hummed, thinking of the logical possibilities, although through all her programming a thought wormed its way to her. She refused to believe anything problematic had happened to someone she had grown quite close with during his training as an assassin, due to the fact she was the only one from the old class he was able to speak with after he left everyone behind. Ritsu snapped out of it and spoke. "Well, did he say he was going anywhere?" The most logical first step.

"No." Karma groaned, starting to get irritated with the lack of answers as he ran his hand through his hair. "There was even a big thing about him staying home. And he specifically said that home meant with me so don't even try his mother's house or where he lived while he trained."

Ritsu's eyebrows furrowed, her face mopey. "Well, I don't know how I can help. Does he have his phone on him?"

"I already said that he left it."

"I know, just double checking." Ritsu sighed. "I'd love to help, Karma, but I can't simply track someone down unless they have some sort of device on them. I can ask our old class to he-"

"Absolutely not. I am not dragging them into this." Karma interjected. Some members of the class may have been alright, such as Rio or Sugino, maybe even Isogai and Maehara, but Karma didn't want Nagisa to see Kayano what so ever. Mostly because he wasn't positive that Nagisa for sure wouldn't stage an "accident" and kill her.

Ritsu sighed in return. It was silent for a moment, the awkwardness stringing together in a web with every new word. Suddenly, Karma's eyes lit up. "Repeat what you said again?"

Ritsu raised an eyebrow. "What, about the old class?"

"No, before that."

"How I can't just track somebody without some sort of device?"

"Bingo."

With the Blueberry~

"N-nagisa-kun?" Misui said quietly, nervousness crawling up her throat as she was hesitant to speak up. The bluenette didn't respond, his eyes glued to the door that trapped them in here. After tying up his hair, he had acted weirdly, completely ignoring her and suddenly able to stand. He had only been on his feet for about ten seconds so far, but it was enough time to send chills down her spine as she stared at his slim frame from behind.

Something moved in her peripheral vision, and she couldn't help herself but look at the offending substance. A thick, murky matter emanated from his wrist, the jet black solution a vicious liquid that dripped into his hand slowly. Nagisa turned to the young brunette who was sitting uncomfortably on her knees, her eyes widening when she saw the condition of the younger man.

His wrists, where the tentacles were injected harshly into, were slitted open, the dark blood dripping from the cuts freely. His eyes, usually bright and cheerful, had taken on a dark shadow with a single red dot in the center, emotions squirming and folding into themselves as they struggled to escape, shrieking silently as their cries went unnoticed.

"Misui?" He said softly, his voice soft but strained in a painless agony.

"Y-yes, Nagisa-kun?" She replied, gulping as his gaze reached her own.

"Why do I want to kill you?"

------------------------------------------------------

Starling: So if you have seen me commenting somewhere else and see that I have tentacles, but they aren't acting normal, that's because they are this type. I do consider Aiko to be the owner of this type of tentacles so she can use them while I comment if I want to. Owl doesn't have them... something about having the old type ripped out of her shoulders, but I'm still going strong.

Until Next Saturday or if I see you in the comments,

Kiya Aiko