Chapter 21

~Ellie's POV~ 

The intermission was in 10 minutes. I swallowed my worries as I talked myself out of negativity. 'This is MY song Ellie. You wrote it. You know it. And they can't tell if you make a mistake.'

I rehearsed the song a hundred times by the time I had to stand by.

I grabbed the mic; this was the last song for me tonight. I have to make it count.

As the boys came back running I walked on to the stage. I took a moment to take in everything, from the size of the crowd to my own grip on the mic.

With my lungs full of air I shouted. "How are you guys doing tonight?!" The crowd erupted into cheers and screams. I couldn't help to smile. "This tour has been amazing all thanks to you guys. I would have never guessed that I'd be standing on stage like this. This is just unbelievable. Thank you guys! Thank One Direction, the amazing band, producers, trainers, technicians and everyone backstage who took so much of their time making this happen. I'd never take this experience for granted!"

I took a breath to get it together. "This time I have a different song." I waited to see their reaction; they were waiting. "It's a song that I wrote a while ago. And I hope you like it." They began cheering as I looked at the band behind me. They gave me a reassuring smile. 'Let's do this.'

The guitar slowly played each note. My heart was racing as I looked at the crowd, surrounded by the lights.

Feeling hopeless, your kiss lingers

Empty spot next to me

Heavy breath, in tears

Waiting for you

But you don't see me anymore

Don't say a word

Do you hear me now?

You can go ahead and walk away

And watch me cry

But I will get back up again

Until then let me tell you a lie

I don't need you anymore

~Niall's POV~ 

What was I supposed to do now? I sat as I watched Liam start "Moments." The way she sang those lyrics; it was the naked truth. It hurt me to see her cry like that. Did I really hurt her that much? Man, I was a fool to think that she didn't care even a little bit. I had the overwhelming urge to hold her. What-

Zayn elbowed me to get me back to the reality; it was the chorus soon. I took a breath, but my voice was weak. Where is she?

"Close the door," my throat felt choked up, "throw the key," I want to see her, "don't wanna be reminded," I need her, "don't wanna be seen," I miss her, "don't wanna be..."

Fuck.

Liam pulled me into a hug as my eyes watered. I couldn't finish the verse.

I really did mess up, didn't I?