Rose Millary

Rose Millary's P.O.V

When your a little girl most people think that you dream of finding Prince Charming, well more he slay's the dragon, rescues you, and carries you away on a white stead.

Can I tell you something? I may not be little any more but even when I was I saw huge flaws in those plans.

A. Why couldn't I beat up the dragon? I mean it sounded easy, swing a pointy blade around in armor and try to dodge a few fire balls. My brother threw his dirty socks at me and trust me, that was basically the same thing. 

B. Who the hell ever said I needed help? I could have mad ninja skills that you don't even know about. Why is that? Because usually the prince and princess had never met before he decided to storm in and steal her thunder.

It sounded like a really crappy and dangerous version of speed dating, which was yet another flaw in this 'perfect fairytale'.

C. Excuse me, but are you horse racist? Because I've never heard of a Dashing Prince, who usually assumes I'll love him at first sight, riding in on a chestnut colored horse. Seriously, white horses are completely overrated.

D. The universal fairy flaw, as I have come to call it, that exist in all the fairy tales we read to little kids. The happy ending. Let me ask you, have you ever read the original versions of these stories?

People die, they have horrible heart wrenching loves that don't always work out and their stupid decisions get them killed. They're not  rewarded with the hand of a fair maiden who has never met him and honestly could be quite scared of him for all he knew. 

That is because in life people don't get those happy endings, they  get mediocre ones and enjoyable ones and ones that they might not deserve, but they get a real ending. Not a, 'they're happy at the moment so we're just going to cut it off here', ending.

This mindset may not be really optimistic, but it's kind of a drive for me. I'm independent, and hardworking. I don't expect everything on a silver platter because I don't believe a situation like that could actually ever happen to a person in real life. 

I'm an A+ student, I play varsity volleyball and am a member of the student council. I have friends, and don't get me wrong, we need people in our lives that make us want to believe in fairy tale endings. 

Even though it's completely illogical. 

You might think I'm kind of cold but what can you expect from me? My dad ran off when I was younger with some young blonde he met while drinking at a bar with his buddies, oh I'm sorry, I mean 'Staying late for a meeting at work'.

That alone wasn't enough for me to loose faith in humanity. I'm not stupid or naive, there are good people in the world and bad people in the world in that's not dependent on gender.

I mean just look at the women he ran off with, she knew he was married and had two kids, but she didn't care. All she was interested in was having a successful, wealthy, and even though it weirds me out because he's my biological paternal figure, (He doesn't even deserve dad at this point) He was pretty attractive for someone his age. 

She eventually got it according to the papers two months later, A week after the divorce had been finalized. 

But here comes the good part, because I am not a tragedy, I am a normal person who has life happen to them. Which mean there's bound to be good in there somewhere. That comes in the form of my brother and Mother. 

My dad tried to take us in the divorce and thought my brother might sympathize with him. He wrote him a letter trying to get him to get me to coax me into doing so also, but my brothers response almost made me cry.